2016 Trade Speculation thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
One has to wonder if the White Sox drop any more is Sale isn't on the market.....

Cubs have players who would be starters sitting on the bench. Make it happen Theo

Hahn doesn't pick up the phone unless Kris Bryant is involved.

Give us your best prospect for Chapman.

If Bird or Judge is coming back the other way sure :naughty: but Sabean has always leaned towards position players at the deadline, as they can play a lot more games than relievers or even starters.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Shwarber and Soler alone is quite the haul.

It is quite a haul but we are talking about about top-3 pitcher in the game. They should ask for 1-1 swap with Bryant going the other way but Cubs would never do that.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Shwarber and Soler alone is quite the haul.
Basically this.

The great thing about Theo so far is he doesn't play the bidding war game. If some other team is willing to offer the Sox a full team for one player let them and that unrealistic assumption.

And lol @Bryant being a piece. That trade wouldn't go thru in MLB2K with updated statistics. :)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And lol @Bryant being a piece. That trade wouldn't go thru in MLB2K with updated statistics. :)

Top-3 pitcher in the game. Kershaw. Arrieta. Sale. Sale is only 27.

Schwarber does make a lot of sense for White Sox because they can DH him.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Top-3 pitcher in the game. Kershaw. Arrieta. Sale. Sale is only 27.

Schwarber does make a lot of sense for White Sox because they can DH him.

Bryant has surpassed Sale in value.

But, Schwarber and Soler are pieces with significant warts, especially given Schwarber's injury. So, yea, their value isn't what it was at its peak. Schwarber's is still super high, but Soler's is probably what it was a few years ago.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I wonder if someone grabs Beltran. He's been raking last 2 months. OPS over .900 on the season. 1.000+ in June.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Apparently the Dodgers are sniffing around Bruce and the Giants have inquired about him. I'd love to have those two in a bidding war over him.

If we could manage Verdugo/Arroyo that would make me a happy camper.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
That's up for debate, although he has the edge as an everyday player.

giphy.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That's up for debate, although he has the edge as an everyday player.

Bryant's more valuable due to age and years of control. Having said that. Outside of Syn, Sale is probably the most valuable pitching commodity in the league due to his age and insane contract. It's gonna take an ass load of an overpay to get him.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Bryant's more valuable due to age and years of control. Having said that. Outside of Syn, Sale is probably the most valuable pitching commodity in the league due to his age and insane contract. It's gonna take an ass load of an overpay to get him.

And there we go.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Has Pomeranz finally arrived as at age 27 and is going to be a TOR pitcher for the next 3-4 years or should SD take advantage of a few months of good pitching and sell high? Tough call. He has 2 years of control left after 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad