2016 Trade Deadline

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
USA Today Sport theorized that we might be in on a trade for Brandon Pirri, described thusly:

Brandon Pirri, 24, once considered part of Florida's future, could dealt today. He has a scoring touch, proven by his 22 goals last season. He owns 46 goals in 146 NHL games. But he is not a complete player, lacking a physical presence or a strong defensive emphasis. Panthers coach Gerard Gallant has scratched him when he slumps offensively.

I'm hoping they're just blowing smoke about our theorized interest.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
There will be mass call-ups and demotions across the league today. Most will be paper transactions. It has to do with playoff eligibility, if I'm not mistaken. I would read too much into any of that today.

Sarah says he's in the building though.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There will be mass call-ups and demotions across the league today. Most will be paper transactions. It has to do with playoff eligibility, if I'm not mistaken. I would read too much into any of that today.

...except Cunningham was actually on the ice... so who knows? :help:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I feel like Loui Eriksson/Boston Bruins contract drama and Dan Hamhuis NMC drama is holding up the entire day. I think they've got this deadlocked.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
So Louie DeBrusk just said back in 2005, there was a reported offer of

Shane Doan, Ladislav Nagy, and Paul Mara

For

Joe Thorton

rt

May 13, 2004
Okay, so I'm a little confused. We traded one LHS winger and picked up three of them; Tanguay, Sekac, and Plop. Didn't we already have too many? Where the hell are all of these guys going to play?

rt

May 13, 2004
Tank worthy :yo:

Tanguay hasn't been as bad as Boedker has...

C71da0d.png

I'm sure Boedker will be better for the Avs than Tanguay will be for us, but it doesn't mean we became a worse team by trading Boedker and getting Tanguay. We'll probably be a better team, just by removing the distraction.

rt

May 13, 2004
Tanguay hasn't been as bad as Boedker has...

C71da0d.png

I'm sure Boedker will be better for the Avs than Tanguay will be for us, but it doesn't mean we became a worse team by trading Boedker and getting Tanguay. We'll probably be a better team, just by removing the distraction.

Haha. Just did a quick count and Tanguay actually has been a little worse. 9pts rather than 11pts in that span. Still, I mean, it's garbage out, garbage in. No biggie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad