2016 Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm pretty sure Eklund is just reading this thread and posting our speculation as his Devils rumors.

I guess the rumors are Vatanen wants 6 years/6M AAV from Anaheim and they just simply can't afford him....I'm hoping Shero is on the phone and makes a push if that's the case. He's pretty much the player we are all hoping Severson one day becomes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Jump on Yak NOW if the ask is that low. I'd rather we re-sign Schlemko than move him, and move Stemniak for some picks/prospects.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
What I find interesting is that selling is new to Shero, while in Pittsburgh he was a constant buyer. He already did some fine work prior to this season. It will be very interesting to see how he handles this trade deadline. Schlemko and Stempniack are gone. They're both UFA players that had very good season and have driven up their value and are dirt cheap. I don't care what other fans think. If Ladd cost a first rounder, plus, Shero should at least get that type return for both our guys. I wouldn't deal with Edmonton. He should be trying to package both in the same deal because of their bargin basement cap hit that should enter into the equation of value. Now if he has to add to get Drouin, taking on a bad contract is another way to add value to trading both Stemp and Schlem. We should not be moving a first or even Severson. Right now I see Shero holding most of the cards.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Daigle 2.0" is not the label I'd be chasing unless it's for lower round picks and AHL filler.

"Embarrassingly low" is the perfect return for a reclamation project though. I'd assume that is lower round picks or lower end prospects.:laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I doubt we get anything for Gelinas other than a mid pick. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder at most.

The thought of getting Yakupov is really exciting to me.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Good to hear Shero is trying to turn our expendable players into assets.

Nothing says we can't re-sign Schlemko/Stempniak in the off-season should they wish to return, cashing in while we can is absolutely the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad