WC: 2016 Team Canada Pt. II

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
If we lose this game today we'll have to play the loser of Sweden Russia. It'd be nice to win this game.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Only teams that really look good to me this year are Canada Russia and Finland. Czech's look alright but they were lucky to catch Russia on the first day of the tourney minus OV and Kuznetsov.

If we lose we do get to avoid both Finland and Russia till the finals assuming Russia gets at least a point against Sweden.

Finalnd-Denmark
Russia-Germany

Winners meet

Czech Republic-USA
Canada-Sweden

Winners meet

That said I'd rather win today and let the chips fall where they may.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Haven't walked but is the brilliance of Mark stones game shining here? Or is it still too early and caliber of comp too low?

One of, if not the most, undershoot existed stars in the game? Leads team in possession? No surprises, he's an nhl leader in that regard with his eyes closed. The games most gifted takeaway artist (by a landslide) with offensive ability to contend for selkes annually.

Stone looks really good. The level of competition is low, but you can still use the games for comparative purposes.

It's not surprising that people still don't know. But, I stand by what I said in Fall of last year...Stone makes this team. He'll make an impact too.

I doubt it. They already gave Carter the defensive line RW spot. Perry will likely be stapled to Getzlaf at another RW spot. Seguin is almost certainly a RW on this team. Stamkos is likely a RW on this team. Thirteenth forward is very likely a centre, and if it's Giroux that's another potential RW. If I was making the team however, Stone would have a decent shot.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
havent' been able to watch as much as i like, question for the masses, has Hall done enough to make Canadian World Cup team? or still longshot?

obviously being an oiler fan, i'd love to see him there

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
havent' been able to watch as much as i like, question for the masses, has Hall done enough to make Canadian World Cup team? or still longshot?

He's a turnover machine and a defensive liability.

He will be nowhere near the World Cup team.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
:laugh:

Time to start building next years roster.

I've really liked Reinhart in his limited role, bring him back!!

nah, they'll send another halfassed roster next year...it's not until we lose in the 1/4 finals a few years in a row and the press starts hounding Hockey Canada before the dopes at Hockey Canada say, okay, enough is enough.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
nah, they'll send another halfassed roster next year...it's not until we lose in the 1/4 finals a few years in a row and the press starts hounding Hockey Canada before the dopes at Hockey Canada say, okay, enough is enough.

2019 can't come soon enough.

We'll have Nolan Patrick AND a surprise acceptance from McDavid!

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
He's a turnover machine and a defensive liability.

He will be nowhere near the World Cup team.

I actually thought he looked really good and was leading the charge in the first. Something about this team makes them slow down in the second.

I think we'll see a lot of line juggling for the next game. Keep a couple pairs together that are playing well. Stone and Scheifle have looked great all tourney and I can't even remember if they touched the puck this game.

Lots of things to use in this game going forward.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
2019 can't come soon enough.

We'll have Nolan Patrick AND a surprise acceptance from McDavid!

Nolan Patrick is not all that great. He's a '98. late birthday. If he were eligible this year with the rest of the '98s he's barely a Top 5 pick. I wouldn't be holding my breath for great things from him until 2022.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well the only positive to take from this game is at least it wasn't in the knockout stages.

Going to need to be much better going forward. Zero expectation they will though.

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005

Barring people dropping out or injuries Hall has a snowballs chance in hell of being on the world cup team.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
What a terrible showing. I think it's time to completely change the lineup.

Marchand-McDavid-Perry
Hall-Duchene-Stone
Jenner-O'Reilly-Scheifele
Domi-Brassard-Gallagher
Reinhart

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
McDavid been really underwhelming.. what's going on there?

to be honest, it reminds me of his 2014 World Juniors in Malmo. His 'oh, I'm not deserving to be in this great company of Canadian players' attitude is something he has to get over. It may take a while before he actually does...not in time for the 1/4 final anyway. He could use a little bit of Laine's arrogance.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder if when we lose to Sweden, Hockey Canada will take this more seriously.

Although, I could see lots of players (by that I mean their wives) wanting to go to Paris for next years Skoda Cup.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if when we lose to Sweden, Hockey Canada will take this more seriously.

Although, I could see lots of players (by that I mean their wives) wanting to go to Paris for next years Skoda Cup.

Hockey Canada believes they'll be beating players off with sticks to go... accepting applications from players wanting to play. It was mentioned by Miller in a broadcast the other day. I think Hockey Canada is delusional.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Just a question

Why are so many of Canadian players so bad behaving and have no respect for their opponents.

Team Canada must be the most hated team among other people, so childish behavior

what are your own feelings as fans, it's not your fault, but are proud? I'm sure don't want the to represent this way either? right or wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad