2016 Spring Training Thread

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
It seems that Joey Rickard is Orioles starting left fielder. Well, he will share the job with Reimold but there's a chance he's the leadoff hitter on the Opening day.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
For those asking it isn't really an HF specific league. Started out with a couple close keeper league buddies, then slowly filtered in a crew of hfbs peeps. Recruitment took place in the fantasy section.

It seems that Joey Rickard is Orioles starting left fielder. Well, he will share the job with Reimold but there's a chance he's the leadoff hitter on the Opening day.

I don't know what it is about Reimold, but he left a good impression on me in his short stint with the jays. Solid dude.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
that came up on olney's podcast that cleveland and texas were talking, likely about trevor bauer since he was moved to the bullpen.

talk about both teams being able to fill each other's needs. texas has young outfielders and cleveland has pitching.

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
I understand that Dbacks have some pitching depth but Stewart finally should go to jail if he trade Archie Bradley for reliever. Bradley is under team control through 2022.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I understand that Dbacks have some pitching depth but Stewart finally should go to jail if he trade Archie Bradley for reliever. Bradley is under team control through 2022.

Bradley fell like a rock down the prospect rankings this year, he went from 9th to something like 51st. Not saying Stewart should trade him, but obviously somethings up

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm loving the whole Panda being benched thing. I knew from the start the contract was a big overpayment, while it opened the door for a guy like Matt Duffy I still would have liked to keep him.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Bradley fell like a rock down the prospect rankings this year, he went from 9th to something like 51st. Not saying Stewart should trade him, but obviously somethings up
Archie had 3 or 4 good starts at the start of last year - first two were vs Kersh and MadBum I remember. Then he got drilled in the face and wasn't the same once he came back.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm loving the whole Panda being benched thing. I knew from the start the contract was a big overpayment, while it opened the door for a guy like Matt Duffy I still would have liked to keep him.

Panda and Hanley contracts became bad the moment the ink hit the paper.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Braves cut Michael Bourn days after cutting Nick Swisher. Lots of money being pissed away.

Is the Braves amount of dead money higher than their actual payroll for players on the roster? Has to be close?

DougieSmash

Jan 2, 2009
orioles fan, what do you make of the tire fire that is this hyun-soo kim debacle?
The same concern that Sox has it with Castillo: inability to hit MLB quality fastballs.

Duquette doesn't want to get rid of him, he want to prepare him in AAA for first few weeks.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i mean more of the "they want to send him down but they forgot to put the language in the contract that they're allowed to send him down without permission" tire fire

why would he go to norfolk when he doesn't have to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad