2016 Spring Training Thread

Sep 19, 2008
Mike Emrick to call Pittsburgh Pirates spring training games

If you’ve followed Mike Emrick over the years, then you know that he’s been a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates even having their games airing in the booth while he’s called the NHL on NBC. Over the years, Emrick has called other sports than hockey including the NFL, water polo and the NCAA. Tournament.

Doc has only called one baseball game and that was in college when he attended Kent State. Now he’ll have the opportunity to call his beloved Pirates in spring training next month. He’ll call the exhibition games with Pirates TV voice Greg Brown.

F6iAV87.png

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country

If you’ve followed Mike Emrick over the years, then you know that he’s been a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates even having their games airing in the booth while he’s called the NHL on NBC. Over the years, Emrick has called other sports than hockey including the NFL, water polo and the NCAA. Tournament.

Doc has only called one baseball game and that was in college when he attended Kent State. Now he’ll have the opportunity to call his beloved Pirates in spring training next month. He’ll call the exhibition games with Pirates TV voice Greg Brown.

F6iAV87.png

Go call them Buccos, Doc.

I think I'll skip the Cactus League this year. :(

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

F6iAV87.png

i didnt believe you til i looked it up :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I thought Mike Emrick was a Nats fan.

Even in a gift given to him by the New Jersey Devils he's wearing a Pirates cap :laugh:
images

He usually pops into the broadcast booth whenever the Pirates and Penguins are home at the same time (so usually the NHL playoffs), but he's never done more than a batter or two of "announcing" while there. This should be pretty damn entertaining.

Inb4 best shape of my life quotes.

What about Mario Lemieux? :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
And a Yankees fan... and a Mets fan.... and an Orioles fan... and a....

He's probably worn those hats because he's worked a lot in that region, but it's well known that he's been a Pirates fan since he was a kid because of Bob Prince.

As for Panda...I'm an arthritic writer...there is no way in hell I should be in better shape than a professional baseball position player.

The occasional David Wellsian pitcher? You don't need a svelte physique to throw junk...but an actual position player? Yeesh.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He's probably worn those hats because he's worked a lot in that region, but it's well known that he's been a Pirates fan since he was a kid because of Bob Prince.

As for Panda...I'm an arthritic writer...there is no way in hell I should be in better shape than a professional baseball position player.

The occasional David Wellsian pitcher? You don't need a svelte physique to throw junk...but an actual position player? Yeesh.

I'm talking about HF's Doc Emerick. Not the real one :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad