OT: 2016 Redskins Part XII: We don't need no stinkin' kicker SEAN MCVAY HIRED BY RAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I'm not a fan of this sport (even though I know rules, strategies and son on...:nod: and I was a king on "Madden NFL 10" :laugh: ). But I've watched the last 5 minutes, to warm up before Caps and was pleased to see a Washington team beat a Phily team:yo:

Do the Redskins have any chance to go in the postseason? Do the schedule favor them?

On paper, yes. Next week we play Carolina at home, which before the season looked like a terrible matchup, but with Carolina struggling it's one of those games you have to win.

Week after is Chicago which is abjectly terrible. Lose that and you don't deserve the playoffs.

Week 17 is against the Giants in what could be a very important game. Toughest matchup left, but we beat them on the road already, so we should win.

Additionally, Tampa Bay and the Giants have terrible schedules coming up. If the Cowboys win tonight, the Giants are only half a game ahead of us, and Tampa Bay plays Dallas next (?) week.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Thanks for the answers.

And who knows, even if the defense is bad, in PO, in one game all can happen. It's not like the NHL when you need 4 games to win a series.

Like in soccer (World Cup, European Championship). We've seen through years a lot of time when the underdog beats the favorite in one game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This game should make it clear it's time to move on from Barry. Third and fourth down woes have been to much. As well as terrible starts. Kerrigan saved his job until season's end I think

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This game should make it clear it's time to move on from Barry. Third and fourth down woes have been to much. As well as terrible starts. Kerrigan saved his job until season's end I think

Whether Barry should be fired or not isn't the question. Its how to replace 8 of 11 starters on defense.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Saint have the ball and the length of the field to go with 2min, one TO

do us a solid

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Honestly, if we win our next two, I think us and Tampa will make it as the wild card teams. The Giants have a brutal schedule right now, vs. DAL, @PHI, vs. DET. Seeing how the Eagles played today, they could give the Giants a fight. And Detroit is a good team. I have no confidence in them beating Dallas tonight.

Assuming the Giants lose this week, they and Tampa are half a game ahead of Washington. Next week, we host Carolina, Tampa visits Dallas, and the Giants visit Philly. Honestly, ours is probably the easiest matchup of those three. If we win and Tampa/New York lose, we control our destiny.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Honestly, if we win our next two, I think us and Tampa will make it as the wild card teams. The Giants have a brutal schedule right now, vs. DAL, @PHI, vs. DET. Seeing how the Eagles played today, they could give the Giants a fight. And Detroit is a good team. I have no confidence in them beating Dallas tonight.

Assuming the Giants lose this week, they and Tampa are half a game ahead of Washington. Next week, we host Carolina, Tampa visits Dallas, and the Giants visit Philly. Honestly, ours is probably the easiest matchup of those three. If we win and Tampa/New York lose, we control our destiny.

99.99% sure the Giants win tonight.

Sep 19, 2008
Someone on Reddit a few weeks ago said we should be rooting for Dallas to beat everyone and win 15 straight because they'd be beating some pretty good teams who are also fighting for wild card spots. I can't really bring myself to root for Dallas but hey, if it helps us, whatever. Before that damn Cardinals loss I thought we controlled our own destiny but that inexplicable loss to a TERRIBLE team really changed things. So go Cowboys until the playoffs.

They look really good against the Giants right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce