Denver
burgundy-review.com

ostsee.jpg

2016 PROSPECT RANKING
[table="head;width=800]RANK|PREV|CHNG|NAME|POS|TEAM|DRAFT|VOTES

1|1|-| Mikko Rantanen|RW|San Antonio (AHL)|#10 overall 2015|108 votes, 95.37%|

2|2|-| Chris Bigras|D|San Antonio (AHL)|#32 overall 2013|116 votes, 48.28%|

3|N/A|N/A| Tyson Jost|C|Penticton (BCHL)|#10 overall 2016|90 votes, 96.67%|

4|6|+2| JT Compher|C|Univ. of Michigan (Big10)|#35 overall 2013|91 votes, 64.84%|

5|5|-| Nicolas Meloche|D|Gatineau (QMJHL)|#40 overall 2015|92 votes, 71.74%|

6|10|+4| AJ Greer|LW|Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)|#39 overall 2015|97 votes, 82.47%|

[/table]

Added Sergei Boikov and Rocco Grimaldi

Last edited:

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
I went with Martin mostly because I'm impressed with how he has handled the step up and all the adversary surrounding his injury. He seems to take everything in his stride and is crazy talented as well. Definitely close with Morrison and Beaudin though.

Add Geertsen

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Martin for me. I have a really good feeling that he's going to have a monster year for SA if he can stay relatively healthy.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very close for me between Martin, Beaudin and Morrison.
Went with Martin because I think he will have a bigger impact in the NHL.

Add Geertsen and Lindholm.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Beaudin for me. What you want to see is your prospects taking the next step and that's what Beaudin did this year. I know Morrison had a good year and he's a good goal scoring talent. Martin played well in the AHL, though his role next year is a bit cloudier with the signing of two goalies to AHL contracts yesterday. Beaudin had the +1 year that we want to see from all our prospects and was 1C on one of the very top teams in the CHL. He might not have the highest ceilings but is one of the safer bets to have a depth role at the next level.

Add Geertsen.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Things will start getting muddy here... To me this is clearly Morrison, but I get votes for Martin and Beaudin.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I went with Morrison here. My basis is likely-reached potential and who I see having the best impact at the NHL level when they get there. There is something to be said about prospects being closer than others but I will take better prospects over closer prospects while we are still shaping our pool.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Beaudin for me. What you want to see is your prospects taking the next step and that's what Beaudin did this year. I know Morrison had a good year and he's a good goal scoring talent. Martin played well in the AHL, though his role next year is a bit cloudier with the signing of two goalies to AHL contracts yesterday.

Martin's role doesn't become cloudier at all. Adding Simpson and Lieuwen is purely a depth move. The Avalanche are looking to be fully committed to developing Spencer Martin as they should be.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Easy vote for Martin this time around.
Although now I guess I have to vote for him a few times and go straight to Nantel which was my preference even if he'd win now.
Add: probably Geertsen

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Beaudin. He had the 2nd most points among all 97 borns in the QMJHL last year. The lone guy with more had more games played and JC actually had a better point per game than him.

There were two 98 borns ahead of him though. But Dubois is a mutant and Abramov is a midget so they don't count :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Beaudin. He had the 2nd most points among all 97 borns in the QMJHL last year. The lone guy with more had more games played and JC actually had a better point per game than him.

There were two 98 borns ahead of him though. But Dubois is a mutant and Abramov is a midget so they don't count :laugh:

Since we are going on points. :sarcasm:

Morrison was the only 98 in the top 5 in USHL scoring.

All 3 of Beaudin, Morrison, and Martin are good options here. I prefer Morrison because of his projectable upside and he is only ~3 years away from NHL duty. Beaudin is about the same timeframe away, but IMO doesn't have as much projectable upside. Martin might be closer, but there is less of a chance of him making as large of an impact. I think he has starting potential, but he has a ways to go to prove that. All a toss up of what you prefer.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

All 3 of Beaudin, Morrison, and Martin are good options here. I prefer Morrison because of his projectable upside and he is only ~3 years away from NHL duty. Beaudin is about the same timeframe away, but IMO doesn't have as much projectable upside. Martin might be closer, but there is less of a chance of him making as large of an impact. I think he has starting potential, but he has a ways to go to prove that. All a toss up of what you prefer.

By 3 years on Morrison do you mean 2 years of school 1 of AHL?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Voted Beaudin. Could be Morrison but I don't really know anything about him. Martin is close too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
By 3 years on Morrison do you mean 2 years of school 1 of AHL?

Yeah, I think that is the most likely course. The AHL year could be mixed, or he could impress and wipe that away, but I think 2 college and 1 AHL is the safest bet for his readiness.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We're getting into the muddy waters for me, a lot of close calls here. Went with Martin this time, although Beaudin is a close second. I think Martin is going to have a monster year in SA with a stronger team in front of him, especially now that he'll be getting more attention from Allaire as the clear #3 goalie in our system. It's going to be really close for me coming up as I consider Morrison, Boikov and Nantel to be all about equal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I know nothing about USHL :laugh:

I compared Beaudin to his peers in a league I watch a lot of. Based on seeing that he projects as a high prospect for me. If Morrisson is the same way or better that's absolutely fantastic for us. I just don't know enough about him or his league to say that.

JCB's Q career path is so similar to his mentor teammate Perron. I hope it continues next year. Just wish he could shoot the puck like Francis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad