Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
For Bucci's sake I hope those aren't the actual results.

As a Utah fan though I hope they're real so we can get our choice of the defenseman prospects.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The NHL is cyclical with the hard salary cap, and the tank/draft process. The Leafs are at their apex in the cycle. Basically every team in the league has had more success in the salary cap era than the Leafs. That has to really sting that they've basically completely floundered their so called "best years".
Not sure what the point of this post is, as I am well aware of how bad the Leafs have been relative to expectations.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
For Bucci's sake I hope those aren't the actual results.

As a Utah fan though I hope they're real so we can get our choice of the defenseman prospects.
no no no,

That team only drafts Russians, Guess Utah fans didn't get the memo.

They are going to draft Demidov and you are going to like it!

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Does Gary confirm the time of day in this video?
They use Hostage ransom technique

1715110930746.png

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I think if they put some production value into it the drawing of the balls could be more exciting to watch than flipping cards.

Throw some graphics on with the live odds of each team. Go one ball at a time and let fans flip out over their teams odds going up by 6.3% because the machine threw out a 4.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
How much rage would induce a Montreal lottery win?
I don’t think very much, Montreal did win recently but Slafkovsky was not seen as the same caliber of prospect as all of the other recent 1st overall picks so I don’t think many would be outraged at a Montreal win.

Chicago is definitely number 1. Pittsburgh can’t win #1 but if they win the lottery and then get to keep their first round pick I could see that angering people as well. All other teams feel pretty similar in terms of fan outrage to me

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Thats a pre recording that they use and its never shown live..

As much as I'd love to see it live.

showing it live doesn't have a production value to it.
They'd need to make a show with it, how about ads?
There is 20 seconds between each ball picked. is it enough?

People would stop watch after 1st overall was picked

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
How can you be a Utah fan, they haven't even played a single game yet :laugh: (I jest)

I know you're joking, but I'm attached to their players since I was a Coyotes fan. And I haven't lived in AZ for a long time, so I'm used to just watching on TV

no no no,

That team only drafts Russians, Guess Utah fans didn't get the memo.

They are going to draft Demidov and you are going to like it!

Silayev apparently said CBJ and Utah have shown him the most interest... And GMBA does love his big players haha

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Some suggested this is not a deep draft and maybe the Pens not having the 14th pick is not a killer here. Same for some other team not in the top 10. Chicago got Bedard and I don't think the number one player is a generational player.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Some suggested this is not a deep draft and maybe the Pens not having the 14th pick is not a killer here. Same for some other team not in the top 10. Chicago got Bedard and I don't think the number one player is a generational player.
I think the Top 15 has rounded out to be pretty solid. I don't think the deeper cuts 25-50 or so are as good as prior drafts, but of course it'll take years to know for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad