2016 NLDS: Washington Nationals (2) Vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (3) - Series Discussion

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
It was I who said Dusty Baker will never win.

Love Kershaw coming in. Bodes well for Cubs. Dodgers going to need ALL the help they can get.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That doesn't matter when the starter fails to go 5 though. It goes to the reliever judged to have done the best job I'm pretty sure.

Not how it works.

Win goes to the RP that was in when his team got the lead (after 5 off course)

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
No Urias pitched the 6th and Dodgers scored 4 top of the 7th.

Dayton was in line for a save but didn't record an out.

According to the rulebook the win could have gone to any Dodgers pitcher except Hill (didn't go 5) and Kershaw (earned the save). I guess they decided it was easiest to give it to Urias.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
According to the rulebook the win could have gone to any Dodgers pitcher except Hill (didn't go 5) and Kershaw (earned the save). I guess they decided it was easiest to give it to Urias.

I know but it's not how they do it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's what it's supposed to be but it's never scored like that. It always goes to the pitcher who was in before the team took the lead.

Yup.

Like when a closer blows the save but his team walksit off in the bottom of the inning, that closer will get credited with a W.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Dodgers made a deal with the Devil after the All-Star break. How else do you explain what happened after Kershaw went down in June and the Giants blew the NL West?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Yup.

Like when a closer blows the save but his team walksit off in the bottom of the inning, that closer will get credited with a W.

That's not the same thing at all. That's a win by definition. When a starting pitcher doesn't last 5 innings the win is awarded in a discretionary manner. An example would be how Bumgarner was originally awarded the win for game 7 of the world series 2 years ago despite coming in with a lead. The only reason it was changed was because he finished the game and was awarded a save by definition so he was not eligible for the win.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
woooooow what a great series, taxing to watch 5 games of anxiety

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is brutal for the Nats, they had everything go right for them this year minus Strasburg getting hurt, and everything possible go wrong for the Mets and they still don't get out of round 1. If the Mets rotation is healthy next year the Nats may not even make the playoffs.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Roberts says Kershaw told him he was ready to back up Jansen when they were in the 8th. Basically talked him into letting him pitch. Madman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad