2016 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm definitely cheering for the Sharks to win, but the idea of Kessel and Schultz hoisting the cup at the chagrin of their former teams' fans amuses me. Reimer's got a chance at lifting the cup too haha

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I honestly feel like Tampa wins this series if Bishop wasn't hurt.

Nope, probably wouldnt have gone to 7 with him playing. Bishop does not move side to side well because of his size. Many Pens fans were hoping he would play for that reason. The Pens love playing against Bishop, especially Malkin.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn't hate either team winning.

In the SCF, I literally could not care less who wins at this point of time.

Maybe I like the Sharks more, because they represent a team that was built through mostly trades and non top picks. Also love me some Burns.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I've gotta buddy who is gonna be furious if the Sharks win because he played junior against Couture and hates his guts with a passion.

On the basis of Couture making him look silly on the ice or because of his personality? He seems like a nice guy on Twitter (though social media obviously provide a very limited view of people).

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
On the basis of Couture making him look silly on the ice or because of his personality? He seems like a nice guy on Twitter (though social media obviously provide a very limited view of people).

Cause he was a whiny ***** who played dirty and speared guys lots on the ice and an egotistic ******* off the ice apparently.

Granted that was when he was a teenager so it's likely he's matured since then.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I'm leaning towards the Sharks but I don't care who wins at this point. I just want to see good hockey.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm on the Sharks bandwagon, would be nice to see Thornton and Marleau win a cup. Every game starts at 3AM here but I'm gonna try to watch a few anyway, possibly deciding games anyway.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm on the Sharks bandwagon, would be nice to see Thornton and Marleau win a cup. Every game starts at 3AM here but I'm gonna try to watch a few anyway, possibly deciding games anyway.

I really have to applaud you guys on the other side of the world that wake up at odd hours of the night to watch games. I really had to convince myself to even wake up at 6AM to watch the Sochi games.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I really have to applaud you guys on the other side of the world that wake up at odd hours of the night to watch games. I really had to convince myself to even wake up at 6AM to watch the Sochi games.

3AM is maybe the worst time. 5AM is actually quite nice once you get used to it: go to bed earlier, wake up at 5, eat breakfast while watching a game, go to work around 8 after game has finished. I'll probably set the alarm for 5 for tomorrow and just watch the third period and possible OT's.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Oh yes! I was scared of losing that first game.

Not too happy with Marleau hitting Rust like he did.

It would be sweet to see Kessel win a cup his first year after leaving Toronto, and to see Schultz raise it too. Oilers fans would be so salty at that

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I want Pitt to win just for the salt over seeing Kessel and Schultz hoist the Cup.

I wouldn't hate seeing Thornton win though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oh yes! I was scared of losing that first game.

Not too happy with Marleau hitting Rust like he did.

It would be sweet to see Kessel win a cup his first year after leaving Toronto, and to see Schultz raise it too. Oilers fans would be so salty at that

I think the Marleau hit was slightly defendable on the grounds that Rust was a little out of control on the play and his body position was not predictable during Marleau's approach. Unlike, say, Cooke/Savard where the target was stationary. But he did miss the front shoulder and hit the head; there is no denying that.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think the Marleau hit was slightly defendable on the grounds that Rust was a little out of control on the play and his body position was not predictable during Marleau's approach. Unlike, say, Cooke/Savard where the target was stationary. But he did miss the front shoulder and hit the head; there is no denying that.

It was a blind side, hit to the head and possibly late. Its not defendable at all. Highly doubt it gets looked at because its the finals, but that was not a good hit at all.

I want Pitt to win just for the salt over seeing Kessel and Schultz hoist the Cup.

I wouldn't hate seeing Thornton win though.

I want to see Kessel winning the Conn Smythe for that reason as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad