GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Lottery - 8 p.m. ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Wasn't even the slightest bit letdown about the Leafs winning over the Jets. Not at all far fetched to think Laine could prove to be the best player in the draft.

Jets top 6 wings: Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor

Now watch them take Puljujarvi

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I actually am not mad at the selections. Glad Matthews can go to the East, Laine is in Winnipeg, and other finn is in Columbus. Edmonton most likely will trade there's (Maybe to Montreal for something 'significant'? and Montreal picks Dubois?). So not bad at all. I would have posted this in the Leafs win Lottery thread, but apparently I am blocked from it for replying to a "Oilers fans are salty" post saying we aren't. Oh well. Guess this is the place to say it then...

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Death, taxes, and the Leafs finding a way to **** it all up. I don't think their rivals are concerned that they got #1 overall.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You think he's gonna retire early?

if leaf fans can suggest McDavid is heading to TO the first chance he gets--then the same can be said about Matthews heading home as well. How many times in the last 12 months have we seen posts saying McDavid is heading home? Why not with Matthews

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Jets are the biggest winners today, easily.

Looks like winning that California trip to end the season paid off.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
2015 - Cant wait till McDavid books it back to Toronto
2016 - Cant wait till Matthews books it back to Arizona
2017 - Cant wait till Patrick books it back to Winnipeg.

It's never going to end.

Funny because it's never happened where a star bolted to go home.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still skeeved out by Shanahan proclaiming ''We earned this the hard way''

Everyone wants the first overall pick and would be happy to have it, but does one really ''Earn'' something like that? I don't like that choice of word.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
2015 - Cant wait till McDavid books it back to Toronto
2016 - Cant wait till Matthews books it back to Arizona
2017 - Cant wait till Patrick books it back to Winnipeg.

It's never going to end.

Hypocritical of you getting upset over people making those statements yet you were part of the 2015 guilty party

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Happy for winnipeg as well. They already have a #1 and now with Laine + Ehlers. Down right scary. Congrats.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Winnipeg are the real winner today...from 6 to 2

if Calgary didn't win their final game against Minny this year, they would've finished 5th last...instead CBJ finished 5th last and moved up to 3

member 157595

I'm almost in tears. I just can't believe it. Maybe we are allowed to have nice things once in a while.

Death, taxes, and the Leafs finding a way to **** it all up. I don't think their rivals are concerned that they got #1 overall.

This isn't the same organization anymore. I would think that would have been clear. I think they're doing a good job of purging contracts and adding assets. The hard part is to build it back up, but I think they have a good start.

Jets are the biggest winners today, easily.

Looks like winning that California trip to end the season paid off.

Love that the Jets are picking Top 2 as well. They have a tough division and this is a heck of a shot in the arm for them.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
And with the 2nd overall pick....Winnipeg is pleased to select from the Czech Republic prison league
Andre Havenoluck Goaltender and 3rd cousin of
Ondrej Pavelec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad