GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Lottery - 8 p.m. ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
I'm glad the Leafs chose this year to tank instead of another year where they could have got a legit game changer. RNH with a couple extra pounds pre-draft.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Congrats Leafs fans! Sorry Canucks fans. You'll be getting a good player regardless at least, so hopefully that'll take some of the sting out of it.

It's really weird being a fan of both the Jets and the Rangers. On one of my teams, there's a crazy amount of good prospects and the future is looking nothing but bright! On the other however....

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames lost more than the Canucks did based on the final regular season game. If the Jets don't make that major comeback against the Sharks, the Flames have Patrick Laine in the draft. The Canucks always had the greatest odds at 40 percent of finishing 5th in the lottery.

You think everything in history would just freeze except for that? :laugh:

Do whatever make you feel good though

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
you do realize many of us have swung by the leaf board tonight? right? between the comments there and the way tsn and sportsnet went gaga since the leafs captured the 30th spot--Matthews is now considered to be a generation talent by certain people

The only person I saw going "gaga" was Marc Crawford. This is understandable since he did coach him.

I've been on the Leaf board all night and there is very little talk about Matthews being a generational talent. In fact, some people are saying quite the opposite. Some are trying to make a case for drafting Laine instead. While others are already trying to trade the pick.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Holy **** I just became a Jets fan. Obviously Tampa is still #1 but the Jets are definitely a team I root for as well after this. I already really liked their young guys and the direction they were heading and now just adding Laine to that roster gets me so excited.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Just so darn relieved that Laine or Pulju wont end up in Edmonton. I would of been so torn rooting for either there.

Would of loved them in Calgary... but that was a far fetch anyway.

Congrats to Toronto and massive applause for Jets and Jackets. Christmas came early for the later 2.

Laine will put up 77 goals in Winnipeg next year!! Another star Finn in Winnipeg, might just have to pick them up as my second team.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
you do realize many of us have swung by the leaf board tonight? right? between the comments there and the way tsn and sportsnet went gaga since the leafs captured the 30th spot--Matthews is now considered to be a generation talent by certain people

He was considered a potential generational talent by some in hockey before the lottery. This isnt a new concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad