Speculation: 2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
H&L had Daly on today and he made it sound like the format on Saturday night will be announcing the teams in inverse order

So they would start out by saying:

Boston will be picking 14th
Carolina will be picking 13Th
Etc
Etc

So if they started out by saying

Carolina is picking 14th that means Boston can go crazy because they know they will be somewhere in the top 3

In Winnipegs case We would know we are a lottery team the monument we don't draft 8th....7th....6th....if they don't pick us by 6 we are a top 3 team to be determined as they count down.

If these guys got this correct that will be an intense viewing format.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Chevy gets a 2nd row center seat

What a missed opportunity, could have used the classic:

1297468358669_ORIGINAL.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
[mod]

Played the draft simulater 1 Phoenix 2 Wpg 3 Sens, that would be awesome T.O and Coilers out of top 3. Only tried once. Here's hoping.

In one sense it is silly to take doing it once seriously. If you run it enough times it will come out to exactly the expected distribution. ...... BUT the real one will be run just once.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I honestly prefer Juolevi over Chychrun and Sergachyov. However, all 3 D are probably top 4 defencemen.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Lottery night almost here... I am going to stock up on vodka tomorrow and clean my ledge so that it is ready to jump off from on Saturday... I don't know boys I got a bad feeling about this lottery

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Lottery night almost here... I am going to stock up on vodka tomorrow and clean my ledge so that it is ready to jump off from on Saturday... I don't know boys I got a bad feeling about this lottery

It's one big crap shoot, for sure. I do like the format of announcing in reverse order though. If we don't hear the Jets called at before or at their 6th spot, then we know they won one of the lottery spots. Good way to build up the excitement.

Oh, and as I said earlier in the thread, longshots can happen. 1 roll of the lottery dice this morning:

fqrPaMU.png

Bonus points for the Leafs moving to 4th. ;)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If we know if one or 2 spots above us win a lottery position, then we also know we won't be drafting 6th

Yes, but we won't know if we'll be drafting 7th, 8th, or 9th, or 1st, 2nd or 3rd yet.

It's an interesting way to run the lottery - adds some intrigue, for sure.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
H&L had Daly on today and he made it sound like the format on Saturday night will be announcing the teams in inverse order

Etc
Etc

Carolina is picking 14th that means Boston can go crazy because they know they will be somewhere in the top 3

In Winnipegs case We would know we are a lottery team the monument we don't draft 8th....7th....6th....if they don't pick us by 6 we are a top 3 team to be determined as they count down.

That's the same way they've always announced it. The NBA does the same thing. More drama.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Interesting to me that you've heard good things from jets scouts on brown.

I would not be unhappy with him once the usual suspects are gone (6,7,8)

Statistically there will probably be one or two better guys available, but he could be a real wildcard with that size.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Chevy gets a 2nd row center seat

For television broadcast excitement those chairs should be wired so that as they go through the positions/rankings in reverse order an electrical charge is emitted so that the GM of the teams jumps up out their seats with a yelp. The closer you get to first overall the strength of the charge intensifies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
For television broadcast excitement those chairs should be wired so that as they go through the positions/rankings in reverse order an electrical charge is emitted so that the GM of the teams jumps up out their seats with a yelp. The closer you get to first overall the strength of the charge intensifies.

Mony Python version

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

That's pretty good! But if we end up first overall I doubt any electrical theatrics will be necessary. I'm guessing Chevy just tears off his shirt, starts rubbing his nipples in little circular motions, and moans highly x-rated pillow talk to Auston Matthews. Somewhere in the distance from Arizona you'll hear a voice scream, "I need a safe word!!!"

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

We’d know which spot we are supposed to be in before that spot was drawn.
Eg. If NJ and Buffalo were already missing, we’d know at 8 that would either be us or we were top 3. If only one team was missing then we’d know at pick 7 that would either be our pick or we get a top 3.

If it were pick 8 and only 1 team was gone, it would either be Arizona or us called next so there would be some drama there as well.

edit
Another possible, but unlikely scenario is that nothing happens with the first 6 cards, so Buffalo is next up and Calgary is drawn next. We’d know immediately the Jets, Arizona, and buffalo had the top 3 picks.

Basicaly if we see any of Calgary Columbus or Vancouver and the Jets haven’t shown up yet we know we have a top 3 pick regardless of what number we are at.

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Etc
Etc

Glad to hear inverse order. Ralph yesterday was saying they were going to announce 1st, then second, then third ...game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad