GDT: 2016 NHL Draft: What's the 1st Round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Lol hard to believe you value heart and courage over skill haha

Florida is going to be a contender very shortly. They have a legit shot at winning a Cup and all will be worth it.

Speaking of Florida how about this:

Since they can't buyout Bolland because he's hurt, we trade them Girardi so they can buy him out and we can LTIR Bolland.

I agree they will be a contender right up until Yandle gives up the GWG :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Is that a group we can build around? That's what it comes down to. I think there's some pretty large question marks there and we're missing some pretty significant pieces there for it to be a group to confidently build around, but that's just me.

Anyone of those guys will still be an NHL player in 5-6 years time. They are the guys you can build around.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
You can't make a trade if the other team doesn't want to...We have no idea what sort of offers were being discussed. Given that we haven't made a deal it's safe to say Gorton isn't happy with any of the offers received so why would you want him to make a trade where he thinks the value isn't good? When the right deal comes they'll make a trade. There is no need to rush into something. Nobody has made any significant moves or traded any significant players. A few players were dealt for second round picks and then there were several trades where people moved up a few spots.

If we traded Stepan for only the #15 pick or something the comments would just be replaced from "Come on Gorton, do something" to "Horrible return. That's all he could get? Stepan has more value than that. I knew Sather was still the one running the team" etc...

There's a difference between not forcing a trade and not getting the job done.

i have to laugh a bit at the "no need to rush" comment.

4 years w/out a first. Why? Because they rushed to move them year after year at the deadline. When it comes down to restocking the cupboard, they certainly don't rush. They are driving in the *** shoulder with a flat tire.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yeah true. The point I was trying to make is that nothing happening yet doesn't mean much.

Agreed. I think, in general, things would be more likely to happen slightly after 7/1. Teams would prefer to see what they can get in FA before looking into dealing assets for a different player. Not that things can't happen today or tomorrow but if you're interested in Nash why wouldn't you possibly first try to get Stamkos? Or if you're interested in Marc Staal for some reason why wouldn't you first try to see if you can get someone on your teams and without dealing a player for him? If you're interested in Stepan why wouldn't you first if you can get Backes?

There's 3 months until the season starts still. Just because they haven't yet made any moves today doesn't mean they aren't planning to.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
People are way too hard on the folks that wanted to see improvement. We haven't gotten better, at all. We have gotten worse by losing Yandle. We ALL wanted to see a trade... I think we all felt that first trade would show us what the plans are/were.

So far the plan seems to be same ol same ol.

Patience is required yes but wanting this team to get better and wanting to see how that plan will be instituted isn't something folks should be chastised for.

Just my .02$

So far, we still don't know the plan.

Whining about a process that takes time taking time should be chastised.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
There's a difference between not forcing a trade and not getting the job done.

i have to laugh a bit at the "no need to rush" comment.

4 years w/out a first. Why? Because they rushed to move them year after year at the deadline. When it comes down to restocking the cupboard, they certainly don't rush. They are driving in the *** shoulder with a flat tire.

You keep mentioning this. So because we haven't had many picks in the last 4 years we should trade Nash, Klein etc for whatever we can get. It's easy to say lets trade these guys but you need to find a taker. Just because we have had 4 lean years at the draft doesn't mean we settle for the first deal they offer us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad