GDT: 2016 NHL Draft: What's the 1st Round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Isn't Connor Bleackley about to be a UFA after failing to sign with ARI? He should be a guy we look at, low risk on a former first round pick. Though I guess two teams have already moved on from him for a reason.

KreiderHouseRules*

This sucks. Just watching every other team get younger and better while we sit with our thumbs up our *****.

I think this all but confirms Stepan isn't going anywhere because at least a MID first would've been involved.

And I'm so ****ing angry that Tkachuk fell to 6th and we didn't find a way to get him.

I would've retained 50% on Nash and added from there for 6thOA.

You're telling me CGY wouldn't want Nash at 3.9 to play with all those youngsters? PLUS a pick or prospect not named Buch/Skjei. **** this. **** everything.

I hate the NHL draft.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Here's the thing. There were three big retooling trades last year. Kessel, Bonino/Sutter, Oshie/Brouwer. July 1st. July 28th. July 2nd.

The offseason is 10 days old. How much of that is spent in planning meetings and draft prep?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This sucks. Just watching every other team get younger and better while we sit with our thumbs up our *****.

I think this all but confirms Stepan isn't going anywhere because at least a MID first would've been involved.

And I'm so ****ing angry that Tkachuk fell to 6th and we didn't find a way to get him.

You're telling me CGY wouldn't want Nash at 3.9 to play with all those youngsters? PLUS a pick or prospect not named Buch/Skjei. **** this. **** everything.

I hate the NHL draft.
I hate to break this to you, but....

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I hate the NHL draft.

And how do we do that?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Here's the thing. There were three big retooling acquisitions last year. Kessel, Bonino/Sutter, Oshie/Brouwer. July 1st. July 28th. July 2nd.

Things were looking VERY bad for the Penguins after we bounced them in 5 last year. They also has a bunch of youngsters chip in like Sheary, Rust, Wilson and Kuhnackl. None of those guys were really heralded prospects.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Thats the point, should have been saying the future is now at the draft years ago, when Sather could have brought in players Hank's age who would have been home grown top talents if we started over when he got here.

I don't really get you here, either I'm drunk and/or you are.

So the future is in the past, I agree with that. Sather ****ed the **** up, ain't **** gonna change here.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Here's the thing. There were three big retooling trades last year. Kessel, Bonino/Sutter, Oshie/Brouwer. July 1st. July 28th. July 2nd.

The offseason is 10 days old. How much of that is spent in planning meetings and draft prep?

Lucic on June 26.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Things were looking VERY bad for the Penguins after we bounced them in 5 last year. They also has a bunch of youngsters chip in like Sheary, Rust, Wilson and Kuhnackl. None of those guys were really heralded prospects.

And even after their cup win, I'm still not really all that envious of their defense

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Carolina is STACKED.

Aho, Saarela, Rask, Lindholm, Faulk, Bean, Gauthier, Skinner, Slavin, Pesce, Hanifin, Fleury, Nedeljkovic, Teravainen, Di Giuseppe, Nordstrom, Nestrasil, Murphy, Zykov, etc.

My fear is that they balk on the meager returns for what they want to trade away and decide that keeping them is the best option :shakehead

Yes this and then offer Eric Staal a contract!

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
"Courage" and "heart" are two meaningless words. I mean they mean something but they're completely misused. Dan Girardi had a lot of courage and heart but he is brutal. You can't be a good player and have good analytics by being a *****. You won't be effective on this level.

Completely disagree...G is the epitome of courage and heart. The only reason he regressed is because of injuries. After a full off season to heal up and as of this moment, he's still going to be the top option on RD. Who's going to displace him? Klein? Haa!

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Crosby, Malkin and Letang are better than anyone on our team.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Stepan, Miller, Hayes, Fast, Lindberg, Buchnevich, Kreider, McDonagh, Skjei, McIlrath.

Is that a group we can build around? That's what it comes down to. I think there's some pretty large question marks there and we're missing some pretty significant pieces there for it to be a group to confidently build around, but that's just me.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
People are way too hard on the folks that wanted to see improvement. We haven't gotten better, at all. We have gotten worse by losing Yandle. We ALL wanted to see a trade... I think we all felt that first trade would show us what the plans are/were.

So far the plan seems to be same ol same ol.

Patience is required yes but wanting this team to get better and wanting to see how that plan will be instituted isn't something folks should be chastised for.

Just my .02$

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Completely disagree...G is the epitome of courage and heart. The only reason he regressed is because of injuries. After a full off season to heal up and as of this moment, he's still going to be the top option on RD. Who's going to displace him? Klein? Haa!

He's garbage. You're stuck in the 90s man. Nowadays defensemen have to be able to move the puck. If he's the top option on RD, our RD will be the worst in the league by far. And you didn't respond to what I said. You can't be a good player and therefore have good analytics without having courage and heart. So yes it does measure courage and heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad