2016 NHL Draft | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Tkachuk Horvat Boeser
Baertschi McCann Virtanen

Agree I am leaning towards Tkachuk or Dubois. I like the idea of Tkachuk and Boeser on the wings together would be a dominate force in the future, and both being americans may excite them to play with eachother.

As for Dmen I dont want us to pick one with our first, but after seeing the value of drafted Dmen over the years values skyrocket has me intrigued. Guys like Theodore, Morrissey, Honka, Fleury, Chabot, Bowey ect ect. Not all of them were highly touted, its just so hard to project top end Dmen.

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015
I personally don't see #1 C potential in Horvat. So more like

- - Boeser
Virtanen / Baertschi - Horvat / McCann -
Virtanen / Baertschi - Horvat / McCann -
Etem - Sutter -

I see a number one centre in Horvat. We're drafting top three this year and Nolan Patrick next season ;)

Baertschi Patrick Laine
Virtanen Horvat Boeser
Gaunce McCann Cassels
Etem Kenins Hansen

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Can't wait for the draft lottery and draft. Just to know we are gonna be able to draft a phenomenal prospect in the top 10 is exciting

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I guess I'm higher on Chychrun than most, but I'd take him at #4, have him slightly ahead of Dubois as of right now.

I couldn't argue with someone picking Dubois over Chychrun or vise versa in this case. I really like both players and am now kinda hoping a player like Benson slips to the 2nd round. Chychrun/Benson would sure fill a lot of needs.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I see a number one centre in Horvat. We're drafting top three this year and Nolan Patrick next season ;)

Baertschi Patrick Laine
Virtanen Horvat Boeser
Gaunce McCann Cassels
Etem Kenins Hansen

I don't see a true #1 center in Horvat. Likely a #2 is his ceiling. Every player develops differently but the great #1 centers score more than 10 goals in their 20 year old seasons.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
You never know, he could be like Johansen. 12 points in 40 games in his 20 year old season. Depends how his line looks like next season :P I'm hoping he rejoins Hansen and keeps Baertschi on his left.
That or Rödin? That would be interesting. Having a scoring threat on his right wing and more offensive starts.

The best outcome: With huge amounts of luck, we get Laine and have him on Horvats right from the get go.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
You never know, he could be like Johansen. 12 points in 40 games in his 20 year old season. Depends how his line looks like next season :P I'm hoping he rejoins Hansen and keeps Baertschi on his left.
That or Rödin? That would be interesting. Having a scoring threat on his right wing and more offensive starts.

The best outcome: With huge amounts of luck, we get Laine and have him on Horvats right from the get go.

If we get Laine he's playing with the Sedins. I think some don't realize our best chance of winning a cup in the foreseeable future is still with the Sedins as our top line.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I think winning the cup with the sedin twins has sailed. Defense is way too weak and lacks depth for a run.

I am in the side of walking away from the twins when their contract runs out in 2018. Sad that they don't get another shot at the cup, but the only way either of them can win it now is to accept a trade to another team. And they can't go to the same team. Too difficult a trade to make.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I think winning the cup with the sedin twins has sailed. Defense is way too weak and lacks depth for a run.

I am in the side of walking away from the twins when their contract runs out in 2018. Sad that they don't get another shot at the cup, but the only way either of them can win it now is to accept a trade to another team. And they can't go to the same team. Too difficult a trade to make.

Not only sailed but hit an iceberg in the north Atlantic and is currently resting peacefully on the sea floor.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Anyone notice that Sportsnet Pacific is airing Windsor versus Kingston right now?

Go watch this guy

<----------

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
Did something happen to Juolevi? I thought he was going to challenge for 4th overall and haven't seen his name mentioned for a bit.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Pasted by the Kingston forechecker and caught in la-la land on a goal against. Yee-owch

He seems to wander quite a lot in the defensive zone, but that shot is deadly and he gets it on net though

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Tkachuk and Boeser would be an absolute beastly combo.

I would want Boeser signed now and stapled to Sedins RW.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

Nah. Rather him have another season of dominating College. I want to be patient with him. Besides, I'm pretty sure that's what he wants. 2 years of College then NHL.

JA

If only we could have picked up first round draft picks for Vrbata and Hamhuis, as well as a draft pick for Hansen.

We could have maneuvered to obtain both the 2nd and 3rd overall picks. ;)

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
If only we could have picked up first round draft picks for Vrbata and Hamhuis, as well as a draft pick for Hansen.

No we couldnt have. No ones trading the 2nd or 3rd overall pick for a couple first round picks.

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015

Yeah great idea. Rush a top prospect to a team finishing out of the playoffs...:shakehead

Two thirds and a second total for both at the max, at any time.

No point in gutting our assets to acquire two right wingers.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Yeah great idea. Rush a top prospect to a team finishing out of the playoffs...:shakehead

Two thirds and a second total for both at the max, at any time.

No point in gutting our assets to acquire two right wingers.

Is it rushing him? He is producing a a historic pace, was Dylan Larkin rushed. Maybe he is not ready,but good chance he is, being a non playoff team does not factor into the decision.

Does not seem to be much difference between 4 to 12 this year. Seems kind of like the Hodgson draft year with couple
stars then it is even for 12 picks until Karlsson is picked at 15. Here could be the same if you do not win the lottery you have about as good of chance of drafting a really good player from 10 as you do 4. There is really nothing to choose from after the first 3 it seems with projections all over the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad