GDT: 2016 NHL Draft | Now with more Fleury!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Right. Deakka has it a little backwards. Fleury WON'T put teams like LA, NYR, SJ, NJ, TB, WAS, etc on his list. They'll never need him. Walsh will do his due dilligence, find the teams that are most likely to need him, like... Dallas? Maybe NYI? Those teams will be on his list. Viola! Full NMC.

well no, 12 team. Difficult to find a team, but not impossible.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
After hearing what JR said, what I took out of it is he's pretty much done. Let the free agents walk and go into the season with 1 mil in cap space. I dont like our D depth at all. Im a bit frustrated at this point. Why not try and get better, i know we won the cup but other teams are trying to get better.

Maybe he is fine doing big deals in season, that worked for him last year. Maybe the deals he wanted weren't there yet and he does still make some soon. Why are people flipping out all over the place at the suggestion that the team we'll have post-draft today will not necessarily be the team we'll have pre-expansion draft next June?

philchaka

Apr 15, 2014
Just because JR made good moves doesn't mean that he's impervious to criticism. Stan Bowman won 3 cups with the Hawks and he turned Sharp and Johns into 10 games of Ehrhoff. That was an awful trade sequence.

Agreed, which is why we can easily judge this after it unfolds rather than ***** and moan about how awful mistakes have been made a year ahead of any potential consequence or benefit occurring.

philchaka

Apr 15, 2014
Fair enough, how long the leach then? Especially if we go with Fleury, gotta be pretty short, right?

That should be determined based on their relative performances throughout the year.

If Murray has been the obviously better goaltender then he gets a longer leash. Vice versa. We've got a smart coach who rectified his bad decision in the ECF this year by sitting down the incumbent, I've got minimal concerns with that.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
JR got a 3rd for a player who'll play 12 games next year. :handclap: or Bennett stays healthy and scores 20 :cry:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Murray will have the short leash. The 1b goalie typically does.

That's what I am afraid of. I think, in their minds, Fleury is still at least their 1A.

As much as I love MAF, I can't agree with this assessment. We have to go to Murray and hope for the best. MAF is what he is, he won't get better. Murray has already much more poise and his issues are fixable.

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
Except the choice was never Murray alone vs Murray and Fleury. We could have had Murray, Elliott, a 2nd round pick, $3 million of cap space, and no expansion draft stress.
Instead, now we'll more than likely have an ongoing goalie controversy by fans as long as both are on the team.

Looks like a nice problem to have on paper, bit it doesn't make Sully's job easier.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That's what I am afraid of. I think, in their minds, Fleury is still at least their 1A.

As much as I love MAF, I can't agree with this assessment. We have to go to Murray and hope for the best. MAF is what he is, he won't get better. Murray has already much more poise and his issues are fixable.

It's so crazy to me how much Murray's massive, massive contributions to winning the Cup are being downplayed, lately. Not by you. I'm just kind of piggybacking off your thoughts. I'm not sure what playoffs everyone was watching but Murray flat out stole a handful of games and was rock solid (and was a boost to his team's overall confidence levels) the rest of the time. People put HBK up on this golden pedestal... Murray was just as big or bigger. There were some bumps in the road. There always are. But it's almost like we weren't all gushing over what a huge piece of the puzzle the guy was just a few scant weeks ago, all of the sudden.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
well no, 12 team. Difficult to find a team, but not impossible.

Actually, it's impossible.

There are 29 options.

Following teams won't/can't trade for Fleury: LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary, Nashville, Chicago, Florida, Tampa, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Washington, Rangers, Devils.

That's 14 teams. Meaning, there are 15 CONCEIVABLE partners for Fleury.

You gonna trade him to Philly?

Columbus can't trade for him until they get out of Bob. Same for Colorado with Varlamov. Dallas with it's goalies.

What about Minny's commitment to Dubnyk or Edmonton with Talbot?

Counting on Allen to fail in STL.

Will Carolina deal with JR?

We gonna trade him to the Isles?

Here's what I'd anticipate his 12 team list being if he listens to Allen Walsh:

Edmonton, Vancouver, Phoenix, Dallas, St Louis, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Colorado, Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit, Carolina.

NOW, give me your Fleury trade after July 1.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Apparently, every team who has interest in signing Stamkos is going "All in"...

The media keeps reinforcing that in regards to said teams because apparently - there's some teams out there who are going to offer him 4 million dollars a year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Making false accusations to damage his credibility?

This is why you should stick to insulting Beau Bennett.

First, look up the difference between slander and libel.

Second, saying Fleury is overpaid or is only above average isn't defaming him. If such statements were libellous, someone like Skip Bayless would have been sued into oblivion. They are opinions, not attack on his person.

Third, you can easily use state to show that Fleury is average / above-average.

so no, you have no basic, elementary grasp of the easily graspable concept of slander

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
2.8m in cap space. Need a 7th D so assume 1m for that.

1.8m in cap space. We could use an upgrade for Geno. Kunitz/Rust are fine on one of the wings as a 3rd wheel, but neither is adequate as the primary option. Geno didn't complain in the playoffs because HBK was killing it and the team was winning, but you'd best believe he will get frustrated if the team doesn't do something to help him out.

Vesey would solve a ton of problems. Otherwise, you need to move Kunitz for whatever and take the resulting 5.6m in cap space to get Geno a winger. Boedker would not look bad on this team at 5m or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad