GDT: 2016 NHL Draft Day Thread

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's safe to say Todd Button is in control of the draft. Credit to Brian Burke and Jim Treliving for knowing their role. And realizing the game is going in a skilled direction.

Is Jim giving Burke enough free cactus cut nachos to distract him?

Also I like how we missed giving a guy his own thread lol.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It's safe to say Todd Button is in control of the draft. Credit to Brian Burke and Jim Treliving for knowing their role. And realizing the game is going in a skilled direction.

Right now, the Flames are going off of their "area list" (rounds 4-7). Treliving directs his scouts as to what they need (ie. Skilled player, center, winger, dman), they give them some names of who they like and that's who gets picked.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I read there are issues with his conditioning, effort, consistency, and skating.

Thanks but no thanks.

He's actually got a good attitude, he got better as the season went on. He had a dislocated shoulder this year, so that's why his production was off and his finish didn't look as great. His conditioning is an issue, but like Andersson I wonder if that's a plus once he gets into shape. He's got lots of great tools, size, skating and a great shot.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
i've liked falkovsky for a long time. I'd have preferred sokolov or pasichnuk, but falkovsky is a good player

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Time will tell on results, but just based off what I know and what research I've quickly done since, overall stupidly happy with our draft.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Pretty solid draft. Big fan of the Lindstrom, Tuulola, and Falkovsky picks. Obviously getting Tkachuk at 6th was a bit of a steal.

Absolute shame the Blue Jackets went off board a little. Speculation is the Oilers would have taken Juolevi if Columbus had taken Puljujarvi. The Canucks would have taken Dubois which would have still have had Tkachak to Calgary. Oh well. Thankfully the Oilers are far to incompetent to acquire a top defenceman.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty solid draft. Big fan of the Lindstrom, Tuulola, and Falkovsky picks. Obviously getting Tkachuk at 6th was a bit of a steal.

Absolute shame the Blue Jackets went off board a little. Speculation is the Oilers would have taken Juolevi if Columbus had taken Puljujarvi. The Canucks would have taken Dubois which would have still have had Tkachak to Calgary. Oh well. Thankfully the Oilers are far to incompetent to acquire a top defenceman.

Well, at the end of the day, Columbus felt Dubois is better than Puljujarvi. If they're right, then it's good that Edmonton/Vancouver didn't get Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad