GDT: 2016 NHL Draft Day Thread

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I know their are a lot of Arm Chair thread I just wanted just a Draft Day thread their. What do you think the Flames will do.

I would like

1. Get a Goalie wish Fluery but would take Ben Bishop
2. Draft at number 6th Matthew Tkachuk
3. Go after Kevin Shattenkirk, Buyout Wideman if we cannot trade him
4. Oilers would not trade with us but willing to give them a prospect and one second this year and a second next year for Jordan Eberle
5. Like to have Kyle Okposo

I know I am being greedy but number 2 is the only possible one I can think could happen.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Constantly refreshing twitter, constantly refreshing HF boards, texting like crazy with friends about hockey, and thinking about the CFHF party tonight.

Zilch is getting done at work.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I know their are a lot of Arm Chair thread I just wanted just a Draft Day thread their. What do you think the Flames will do.

I would like

1. Get a Goalie wish Fluery but would take Ben Bishop
2. Draft at number 6th Matthew Tkachuk
3. Go after Kevin Shattenkirk, Buyout Wideman if we cannot trade him
4. Oilers would not trade with us but willing to give them a prospect and one second this year and a second next year for Jordan Eberle
5. Like to have Kyle Okposo

I know I am being greedy but number 2 is the only possible one I can think could happen.

Can't really be players for Shattenkirk as then we would have 4 defenseman we need to protect for expansion and we would lose one.

moon*

No chance we get Shattenkirk and it makes little to no sense to do that.

Ideally:

Get Fleury or Bishop (for reasonable prices)

Draft at #6 or higher (Preference in order- Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, PLD, Chychrun, Nylander, Jost, Brown)

I would like to see them move up and with all the hype (I know I should not get wrapped up in it) I would be pretty disappointed if all that happened is we draft at #6 (or worse lower) and get no goalie, especially if we eventually end up signing Reimer as a UFA.

There has been a lot of smoke and yesterday it seemed like a ton of stuff, not just with the Flames, was going down. This morning I get the feeling that smoke may be dying down and we may end up with a quiet day.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
:flames

Bob McKenzie 2016 Final Draft Rankings

6 Olli Juolevi
35 Henrik Borgstrom
54 Trent Fredric
56 Joey Anderson
66 Jack Kopacka

Craig Button 2016 Final Mock

6 Olli Juolevi

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Renaud Lavoie
‏@renlavoietva

The NHL is looking at a complain of tampering after what #canucks Jim Benning said yesterday regarding Steven Stamkos and PK Subban.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Benning can stay Vancouver's GM for life.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015

This video has convinced me that I want Nathian Bastian instead of Benson with #35 tomorrow. lmao (That vid is better than Kylingtons dancing)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
:flames

Bob McKenzie 2016 Final Draft Rankings

6 Olli Juolevi
35 Henrik Borgstrom
54 Trent Fredric
56 Joey Anderson
66 Jack Kopacka

Craig Button 2016 Final Mock

6 Olli Juolevi

I'll be sad if we take Julolevi. I want Chychrun so more than him it's not even funny.

Hopefully Craig is trying to help his bro with some misdirection.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
So many mocks have gone Matthews-Laine-Pulj-Tkachuk-Dubois-Nylander it is going to make for a ho-hum draft if it goes that way, unless there are some massive reaches or drops with later picks there is not enough consensus for normal movement to be at all exciting.

I am holding out hope that either Edmonton or Van will take a defenceman or another player who was unexpected so the Flames can take Tkachuck or PLD. It will be most interesting to see who drops into the second round. Kylington dropped to 60 last year, so if we keep the three 2nd rounders there could be some good pickups available.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
This was on twitter, someone found it in Buffalo. May or may not be real.

ClvV4B1WAAAMGN3.jpg:large

Edit: Apparently real

ClumtI4WEAEzDmB.jpg

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'll be sad if we take Julolevi. I want Chychrun so more than him it's not even funny.

Hopefully Craig is trying to help his bro with some misdirection.

I think Chychrun is the Flames top defeseman, just going on interviews from Flames front office yesterday. I think and hope they take Nylander barring someone doing something off the board ahead of the 6th.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
This was on twitter, someone found it in Buffalo. May or may not be real.

Edit: Apparently real

I'd imagine this isn't a 1 page document. This info is not something you want out there, but I'm imagining the reason Tampa is concerned is because there's the internal draft rank list included in the other pages and/or a page regarding trades for picks?

Interesting set of stats though.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
CGY working to get a goalie. Have had talks with TB on Bishop and with STL on Elliott. CGY has permission to talk to Bishop about extension.

Bob McKenzie.

Bob McKenzie Verified account
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Acquisition and contract costs higher on Bishop than Elliott obviously. Elliott may be more affordable. In any case, the hunt continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad