GDT: 2016 NHL DRAFT (DAY 1) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Cool.

Benning decide we needed more character players and took it literally.. ..drafted the guy from Flight of the Concords

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Not trying to be a **** or anything, buuut...

You pick Morgan Clark, and that's a general offense, because there's a connection with the organization.
You don't pick Ty Ronning, and that's a general offense, because there's a connection with the organization.

Just saying.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I would legit trade all our remaining picks for a 1st now. Considering who we drafted.

Mad Brills*

if you're going to take overagers, take ones that go past a PPG for ****s sake.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Yuck. You better hope McKenzie takes off like Amadio did. I only found him okay when i was watching Dineen. Not a stand out, but a guy who knew his role and just did the work.

But at least Brock likes him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not trying to be a **** or anything, buuut...

You pick Morgan Clark, and that's a general offense, because there's a connection with the organization.
You don't pick Ty Ronning, and that's a general offense, because there's a connection with the organization.

Just saying.

I pointed that out already.

Clark was a third string backup with garbage numbers when picked.

Ronning had 57 points in 69 games.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
First draft with Delorme back as the head scout again ending in disaster again...

Truly amazing how that guy can still have a job after a decade of mediocrity and a new guy comes in and totally out performs him for 3 years, only to have the new dinosaur GM fire him.

Truly depressing year...

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Not too surprised considering Bennings terrible trackrecord in Boston which included Hamil in the top 10

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
You have two ****ing 7th round picks.. And you can't take a risk on an undersized super skilled forward from vancouver who's the son of a beloved canuck? **** you benning

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Predicting Vancouver with the worst draft grade from all pundits.

Who gives a rats ass... Benning has had two of the best drafts in Canucks history the last two years. I have no doubt he's found some diamonds here again. His experience and reputation finding talent is greater than all posters on this and any other boards combined. Not to mention the past 3 GM's of this team.

Y'all need to find a better hobby...

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Ronning is a long shot, but is he more of a long shot than these two 7th rounders? Not to mentionthe tony bit of goodwill it would het this management group. Hopefully he gets a prospects camp invite.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Collectively, there's some very knowledgeable people here.

But appealing to authority is fun too !

Sure, there's some knowledgeable people here but I doubt anyone here has extensively watched any of these players like the scouts and GMs have.

If three "stud forwards" are all dropping, there's bound to be a reason. The outrage reminds me of the Pilon outrage lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Literally 1 player with any hope to make the NHL in Candella

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Who gives a rats ass... Benning has had two of the best drafts in Canucks history the last two years. I have no doubt he's found some diamonds here again. His experience and reputation finding talent is greater than all posters on this and any other boards combined. Not to mention the past 3 GM's of this team.

Y'all need to find a better hobby...

I'm starting to feel that was more Crawford than Benning...

Delorme back as the head scout brings no confidence and based on his first draft back in the role, I don't see much hope from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad