2016 NBA Playoffs thread - Part 2

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
His takedown of Adams today was dirty as **** too. Look out, Kevin Love.

there was an article the other day about some media member showing the Cavs those kicks and what not and they supposedly were in shock. it's def something they'll probably talk about, which is kinda crazy to think about

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think OKC lost this series because they let GSW dictate the game. GS went small ball, OKC also went small ball.

OKC should've kept the bigs in the game. Make GS make the adjustment.

That was my thinking too. Adams was arguably OKC's most effective player for much of the series but he only played 25:36 this game. Seems like he hardly played in the 2nd half.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
151ac9.jpg

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
They need to get a real backup point guard. RW needs some rest/help. Same with KD.

OKC have two backup PGs and they're both useless.
Agreed. I don't expect much from Payne, but Foye was a swing and a miss at the deadline. Augustin didn't work out either. They just need someone to help facilitate the offense for short spurts. Like a cheap Rajon Rondo lol

Other than that, like I said earlier, lack of 3 point shooting was a big part of what killed them in this series.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I thought this would be an unpopular opinion lol. On the scale of choke jobs, I think this is far lower than say last year's Clippers.

Rockets were a good team. But the clippers were better. Houston was like #8. Clippers were top 5. Bad choke

I would put it lower simply because they were lucky it went to 7. Golden state is the best team in the nba

They probably beat cavs because of refs 2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cavs won't have home court advantage and they're now up against a team that can shoot threes even better than they can. Cavs going to that productive lineup with Frye at center probably favours the Warriors as well.

Should be an interesting series. Can never count LeBron out.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I would hate to see KD leave OKC, let alone for the Miami ****ing Heat. Would they even have the room unless they let Wade go?

Also, it was hilarious (not really) how Iguodala fouled KD to come up with the turnover, then cries at the other end that he didn't get an and 1.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would hate to see KD leave OKC, let alone for the Miami ****ing Heat. Would they even have the room unless they let Wade go?

Also, it was hilarious (not really) how Iguodala fouled KD to come up with the turnover, then cries at the other end that he didn't get an and 1.

When you're talking about someone like Durant, you make room. Every team in the league would find a way if he wanted to play for them. For the Heat it would probably be letting Whiteside walk or maybe trading Dragic.

I think the refs did a good job tonight of letting the teams play. Some missed fouls and travels on both sides but nothing terrible really stands out to me.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
When you're talking about someone like Durant, you make room. Every team in the league would find a way if he wanted to play for them. For the Heat it would probably be letting Whiteside walk or maybe trading Dragic.

I think the refs did a good job tonight of letting the teams play. Some missed fouls and travels on both sides but nothing terrible really stands out to me.
Whiteside is so huge for that team though. I don't know how they could just let him walk, especially without the guarantee of a Durant.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Whiteside is so huge for that team though. I don't know how they could just let him walk, especially without the guarantee of a Durant.

Yeah, they'd have to have a pretty good idea he's coming before doing that.

I think Durant stays in OKC though. Signing a one year deal and then becoming a FA next year with Westbrook seems to be what most are predicting.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I dunno man. That's a pretty devastating, not to mention beyond frustrating way to go out. They had the series in the mother****ing bag. G6 looked like they would pull it out. Tonight looked like they would pull it out. Have the personnel to get it done. Couldn't get it done. Terrible body language in that 4th quarter too.

Obviously I'd kill to have KD on my team but if it ain't with mine, hope he stays in OKC and builds with Westbrook.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
OKC played pretty good here, but what can you do when the other team is chucking 3's and hitting them from anywhere? That **** is demoralizing even to me as a fan. I don't know if they even would have won, but that Ibaka foul at the end and his foul on Livingston for 3 point play grinds my gears.

Cavs in 4.

Is it really chucking when you make as many as they do?

I don't think it is...

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
All-time triple-double leaders
1 Oscar Robertson* 181[55]
2 Magic Johnson* 138[55]
3 Jason Kidd 107[56][57]
4 Wilt Chamberlain* 78[55]
5 Larry Bird* 59[55]
6 Fat Lever 43[55]
7 LeBron James^ 42
[58]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_(basketball)

Some people are actually criticizing LeBron for being being in 6 straight Finals and "only" being 2-3 before this one. You can't win them all. He's a great all around player who also plays good defense. Cavs in 6.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
...No mater how you slice it, 2-5 would be pretty bad for Lebron compared to other all-time greats.

2015 Golden State Warriors 4-2 Cleveland Cavaliers
2014 San Antonio Spurs 4-1 Miami Heat
2013 Miami Heat 4-3 San Antonio Spurs
2012 Miami Heat 4-1 Oklahoma City Thunder
2011 Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Miami Heat
https://www.ticketcity.com/nba/nba-finals-tickets/nba-finals-champions.html

Nope, he would be 2-4 if he lost. He's 2-3. The Lakers beat the Celtics 4-3 in 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad