2016 NBA Finals - Golden State vs Cleveland: Game 7

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Man, win or lose, Lebron deserves the series MVP for sure

His stat line from this series and last is absolutely insane.

Combined in the 12 games:
33ppg, 12.3rpg, 8.7apg, 1.3 blocks per game, 2 steals per game.

Limit that strictly to the 5 games (thus far) where the Cavs have faced elimination and his ppg jumps to 41.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
The internal debate is "I want Lebron to lose" but I also want Cleveland to finally get a title. They deserve it, although didn't care for the "na na na na heyy goodbye" to Curry last night as he got ejected. Now's not the time to jinx yourselves with that ******** :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Steph would be cringing at some of those tweets by his wife.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Steph would be cringing at some of those tweets by his wife.
Earlier she was tweeting Stephen A. Smith during First Take. Really wonder what Steph was doing while she's just on the sofa watching First Take lol.

Ayesha needa take the L and move on.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not a big Bogut fan, but seemed the Warriors were missing him quite a bit yesterday. No rim protection or rebounding. Ezeli just hasn't played good enough to get significant minutes. Hard to compare the two, but that's quite a different story from last year's finals. It was open season for Tristan Thompson. Dubs could be in some real trouble if Iguodala's back doesn't heal up too.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
If Barnes stops being ass then GS will win.

The offence runs insanely/historically efficient when floor spacing is good. The moment you can pull away from Barnes is the moment Golden State is just an average to good team.

If Barnes puts up +12 points GS wins.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly, spouses should never comment this way, let alone at this stage. He's going to hear **** from players all the time about it now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why are you guys so concerned with the man's wife?

Great game for Tristan "the better Thompson" Thompson btw. Dude was feasting on the boards. Chipped in on offense too. LeBron's assists today were literally perfect. Perfectly placed, perfectly timed, and TT was ready for all of them. His value really shows in playoffs.

You must be talking about Jason Thompson here. That's the only explanation I can think of.

He did have a great game though. Always nice to see the Canadians play well.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

You must be talking about Jason Thompson here. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Oh yeah I forgot about Jason "The Real Best Thompson" Thompson. Bumps Tristan to Tristan "2nd Best Thompson" Thompson. Wasn't thinking there.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Because her comments are unnecessary at this time and only do more harm than good.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
ClIBjpxWEAAnt1Z.jpg

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
To answer a post from a bit ago; the reason why the Warriors are suddenly 15-8 in the playoffs is because of the fact they're playing better competition. They don't get to get free wins from the lower half of the west and a majority of the east anymore. They have to play legit teams like OKC, San Antonio and now Cleveland.

And to me, Golden State tonight looked like a team that realizes they aren't as indestructible as they believed and are rattled because of it. I get Bogut being out and Iggy being hobbled is an issue, but they made so many dumb decisions. Bad fouls, bad shot selection, whining to the refs constantly. Cleveland is in their heads because they didn't roll over after the asskickings they took in the early going.

You don't not want a player like LeBron in your head. He's pissed off, and he's hungry. That is a bad, bad sign for Golden State come Sunday.

They only played SA in the regular season.

But I agree with what you said. Steph esp last night would chuck a 3, miss, and even before the ball bounced off, he'd have his head down looking like "aw shucks". Just like v OKC when they were down 3-1, they are missing their swagger/confidence.

Also, Klay, Ayesha, and Speights kinda taking shots at Lebron post G4 probably wasn't the best of things. Lebron since then has been fantastic.

As for G7 I can safely say I have no idea except someone will win.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Kerr's former mentor Phillip Jackson was a master at 'working the refs' among other guys that frequently do it (Riley was notorious for throwing shade at the refs to try to get calls in the next game). It's how the game is played in that league.

I believe Jordan used to go out for dinner with the referees (he'd pay for everything of course).

Also, this is hilarious :laugh:

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
This game was officiated MUCH differently than any other GS game I've seen this year. And I'm not saying in favor of Cleveland, but they REALLY let them play. Don't get me wrong, I love that, but that's why we saw such a different outcome and GS seemed so out of sorts. Just goes to show how ridiculous it was to mention these GS teams with some of the all-time greats. They have to contend with actual physical basketball and they're in BIG trouble.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Everyone on social media are talking like it's a toss-up but GSW are still heavy favourites. Current M/L odds (Pinnacle) are:
CLE 2.570 -> 28.01% -> 31.4%
GSW 1.574 -> 61.15% -> 68.6%

yeah kerr's post game ticker me off, kept mentioning that steph was the reigning mvp indicating he expects special treatment from the officials for him, which is a disgusting thing for a professional coach to say.

Yea, that was ridiculous. I couldn't believe he actually said that.
I actually agree that the calls were a bit weak but the player they're being committed upon should be irrelevant.

LOL savage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad