2016 NBA Finals - Golden State vs Cleveland: Game 7

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
yeah kerr's post game ticker me off, kept mentioning that steph was the reigning mvp indicating he expects special treatment from the officials for him, which is a disgusting thing for a professional coach to say.

Kerr's former mentor Phillip Jackson was a master at 'working the refs' among other guys that frequently do it (Riley was notorious for throwing shade at the refs to try to get calls in the next game). It's how the game is played in that league.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not sure about the flopping part but you just knew the complaining about the refs was coming. Lue made it a point to do it after game 4 and got fined $25K. Kerr had to do it tonight to get some more calls going his way next game.

Oh lebron flopped. Should have been a foul on curry but lebron definitely flopped

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Someone mentioned this earlier and I'm leaning towards it as well, LeBron should probably be MVP regardless of whether they win or not.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I called GS in 7

But I really hope Bron can bring it home for The Land

One of the most memorable series in recent memory for very different reasons

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Kerr calling out the officials. What a bunch of losers

But Lue calling out officials is a-okay!
Everyone has some bias, but yours has been ridiculous throughout this entire season.

The refs were idiots this game and that last call was complete BS. Definitely smelling like a ratings rig. Curry put himself in that position with dumb early fouls though.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Not sure about the flopping part but you just knew the complaining about the refs was coming. Lue made it a point to do it after game 4 and got fined $25K. Kerr had to do it tonight to get some more calls going his way next game.

Def, which is why he had to play the whole "that's not why we lost though" thing. He needs to play the off court game esp with home cooking, but he also needs to make sure his team doesn't have a pass considering man, the officials weren't making those sloppy passes and chucking 3s from bad spots.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Curry and Thompson both had good games, but man, talk about living and dying by the 3. That long ass 3 by Curry when they had some momentum just murdered it, and Thompson had a couple as well that came off of fast breaks where he had a layup as usual. Makes me sick.

LeBron did pretty well despite not being born with killer instict.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
But Lue calling out officials is a-okay!
Everyone has some bias, but yours has been ridiculous throughout this entire season.

The refs were idiots this game and that last call was complete BS. Definitely smelling like a ratings rig. Curry put himself in that position with dumb early fouls though.

Did you want me to go into detail on why they are losers? How their players feel entitled to winning instead of working for it? Just look at what Thompson was saying in his press conference.

And speaking of ratings rig, you don't think the NBA "helped" the Warriors along their in their quest for the wins record so there would actually be some widespread interest in the regular season? How does a team go 73-9 in the regular season then 15-8 in the playoffs?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Great game for Tristan "the better Thompson" Thompson btw. Dude was feasting on the boards. Chipped in on offense too. LeBron's assists today were literally perfect. Perfectly placed, perfectly timed, and TT was ready for all of them. His value really shows in playoffs.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Kerr's former mentor Phillip Jackson was a master at 'working the refs' among other guys that frequently do it (Riley was notorious for throwing shade at the refs to try to get calls in the next game). It's how the game is played in that league.

"Phillip" Jackson?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I want to see more footage of Curry's family when the Warriors are losing. These dolts are stuffed down my throat when they're on their game. But now give me some genuine disappointment. It'll be great television!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Great game for Tristan "the better Thompson" Thompson btw. Dude was feasting on the boards. Chipped in on offense too. LeBron's assists today were literally perfect. Perfectly placed, perfectly timed, and TT was ready for all of them. His value really shows in playoffs.

Lol better then klay. I just can't not laugh at that. He's got good dfence. But he's not that great of a scorer

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Such a Cleveland thing to do, win two games with heart against the defending champs to bring it to a one game winner takes all situation. Get that belief and hope back into the fanbase...just in time for the opposing team to rip it all apart :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We should all be rooting for the CAVS. It'll make next season's rematch better.

I don't think golden state makes the finals next year. The good thing about these finals are that whoever wins I'll be happy with. (Even tho golden state is the better team)

Cleveland actually get a team that wins would be cool

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
To answer a post from a bit ago; the reason why the Warriors are suddenly 15-8 in the playoffs is because of the fact they're playing better competition. They don't get to get free wins from the lower half of the west and a majority of the east anymore. They have to play legit teams like OKC, San Antonio and now Cleveland.

And to me, Golden State tonight looked like a team that realizes they aren't as indestructible as they believed and are rattled because of it. I get Bogut being out and Iggy being hobbled is an issue, but they made so many dumb decisions. Bad fouls, bad shot selection, whining to the refs constantly. Cleveland is in their heads because they didn't roll over after the asskickings they took in the early going.

You don't not want a player like LeBron in your head. He's pissed off, and he's hungry. That is a bad, bad sign for Golden State come Sunday.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Very split on who to root for. Huge lbj fan as a player and i find his life and career so fascinating vis-a-vis the internet and social media (he was drafted the same year myspace started) but as a pittsburgh fan the awe-inspiring futility of Cleveland sports is so immensely enjoyable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad