2016 MLB Talk News Results - It's Opening Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
This sport is so foreign to the one I grew up with. Based loaded, bottom of the 9th, 3-0 count, and David Wright swings....at ball 4. It worked out, but that's a dopey decision.

Something bothers me about the Mets. Seems to me that the only way they think that can score is by hitting home runs.

I loved that KC won last year with singles, steals, and walks. Small ball is appealing to me.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Harvey's an unmitigated disaster now, they really need to stop letting him and Boras dictate things from this point forward.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So not only can't we retailiate at Utley we can't even make him feel uncomfortable at the plate. Another freaking ump that thinks the game's all about them.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
So not only can't we retailiate at Utley we can't even make him feel uncomfortable at the plate. Another freaking ump that thinks the game's all about them.

I know so many people at this game who now got robbed of Thor pitching because of an umpire. I feel so bad for them, they were all so excited to see him pitch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I know so many people at this game who now got robbed of Thor pitching because of an umpire. I feel so bad for them, they were all so excited to see him pitch.

I know at least one person at this game, though he was also at the Colon HR game...talk about things evening out :sarcasm:

I'm glad I decided to go last night instead of tonight :laugh:

Honestly I would have gone tonight for the 30th anniversary if I hadn't already been at the 20th anniversary of 1986. It was a similar ceremony plus a nice little moment tonight with Jesse throwing the first pitch to Carter's kid.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol and OF COURSE Utley breaks the scoreless tie with a HR. Of course. Screw him and screw you umps.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I know at least one person at this game, though he was also at the Colon HR game...talk about things evening out :sarcasm:

I'm glad I decided to go last night instead of tonight :laugh:

Honestly I would have gone tonight for the 30th anniversary if I hadn't already been at the 20th anniversary of 1986. It was a similar ceremony plus a nice little moment tonight with Jesse throwing the first pitch to Carter's kid.

It sucks SNY couldn't air the ceremony because the game is on Fox. That isn't fair.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It sucks SNY couldn't air the ceremony because the game is on Fox. That isn't fair.

Yeah at least the Mets streamed it...the Mets should have just held this ceremony another weekend when we weren't playing another marquee team though.

Sigh this game is one huge troll job.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah not actually hitting Utley really worked well

:rant:

This feels like such a karma-killing game now a la the Justin Upton HR game pre-deadline last year. But there's no Cespedes trade around the corner to turn the tide.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Mets should start Noah tomorrow, hit Utley high and hard, Noah gets tossed and in comes Colon like normal. Utley needs to be taught a lesson.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In a way the Mets deserve this for being lame on retaliation. This was like the Clemens/Shawn Estes nonsense all over again. Or the Devils doing nothing to retaliate when Messier knocked out Doug Gilmour's teeth in Game 1 of the '97 playoff series.

Thor would get suspended ten games for that...only we get punished for coming close to Utley apparently. If anything happens it'll probably be late either today or tomorrow when that game's a blowout loss too. Hell let Harvey do it, he'll actually win some goodwill back and get some time off to work on his mechanics without a phony DL stint.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
But they tried to retaliate. He got tossed. Estes missed but stayed in. He hit a huge homer off Clemens in a win. The Mets got screwed tonight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
But they tried to retaliate. He got tossed. Estes missed but stayed in. He hit a huge homer off Clemens in a win. The Mets got screwed tonight.

That wasn't an attempt at retaliation, that was a phony baloney brushback. They didn't want to hit him, they just wanted to quell the cries for blood and get the warnings issued so they didn't have to plunk him. If they wanted to retaliate that would have at least been inside. They had five games previous to this if they really wanted to retaliate including a blowout in LA. They tried to play it halfway and got ****ed.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I do agree, but why was he tossed? It annoys me so much that happened. What is the umpire thinking? If he threw at his head, fine. It's such bs

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I do agree, but why was he tossed? It annoys me so much that happened. What is the umpire thinking? If he threw at his head, fine. It's such bs

Yeah well no argument on that one...he was an overofficious clown. Even an ejection after hitting him all things considered would have been draconian unless it was up high, considering Utley escaped punishment for what he did.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Yeah well no argument on that one...he was an overofficious clown. Even an ejection after hitting him all things considered would have been draconian unless it was up high, considering Utley escaped punishment for what he did.

That's the biggest problem I have. They rescinded his suspension. The Mets were going to take it upon themselves at some point, but they apparently couldn't even do that. He broke their SS leg in key playoff game. And they weren't allowed to do a thing about it when the league copped out of the suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad