Golf: 2016 Masters thread - "Literally every top player is in good form" edition

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I don't intend to get people going. I love sports but they are also flawed. I remember when I was younger I wanted to get a degree in sports management and work in the sporting industry. I was always told once you begin to understand the business it will actually kill sports to you to a degree as you figure out they are kind of predictable and even at times rigged.

I'm not big on golf but if Tiger plays I don't miss. Granted he's not playing now but that doesn't change that the masters is overrated. Its the same course every year. The more you play it the better you will do, like any repetition in life. Its predictable and that's not exciting.

Tell that to Norman.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Tell that to Norman.

LOL true but I mean he was in contention. Closing out was his problem but he never had problems being in the hunt. Winning is hard because there are a lot of variables. You can't control what the other guys will shoot at all. Somebody can just go lower than you. Like Spieth last year. Blitzed the field buy other guys shot good enough to win often. He just had an unreal tournament. Don't know if he will shoot that low again but will probably be right there. It's not like they played Pebble and are now going to Bethpage. No learning curve or anything.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Patty REED sucks **** at putting this year. I've thrown my laptop out the window at least 3 times and it's not even 9 holes in.

:laugh: you must have a bungee cord tied to that thing. Reed's a dbag.

reed_1920_belt.jpg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Stenson has already missed 3 or 4 <6 ft. **** that, let's go Lingmerth!

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Uh, there must be some sort of a mistake on Ernie Els' scorecard.

Edit: Oh God, apparently he had a 7-putt and set a new Masters record with a 10 on #1.

Jan 3, 2012
Of course I don't take Jordan on my fantasy team for this weekend and go with form over course history then he kills it on Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad