Golf: 2016 Masters thread - "Literally every top player is in good form" edition

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They were joking Spieth's so slow we'd have a monday finish. Well, clock is 00:47. :sarcasm:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So, if he doesn't birdie the 17th then barring a crazy shot to get on the green in 1, Willett should win?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Willett's gonna win. Two birdies isn't happening.

Not like Spieth needs a third major, his problem will be being able to not become Dustin Johnson for the rest of his career after this. How can he close if he's in this position at the next major or the one after that?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Willett's gonna win. Two birdies isn't happening.

Not like Spieth needs a third major, his problem will be being able to not become Dustin Johnson for the rest of his career after this. How can he close if he's in this position at the next major or the one after that?

Oh so not only he can't possibly make 2 birdies, he can't even be a dominant player any more because he made a 7 on 12? :laugh:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Oh so not only he can't possibly make 2 birdies, he can't even be a dominant player any more because he made a 7 on 12? :laugh:

I don't think you understand what he's saying. Case in point, Dustin Johnson. Golf is partly physical, partly mental... the mental aspect can derail careers. Golfers have long memories. If it were anyone other than Spieth, I could see that wreaking havoc with a player's psyche very easily the next time they got in a similar position at a major. Spieth is a different animal though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad