2016 Lineups Part II...

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I am just bored on a Sunday night so I decided to post a different type of Flyers line up.

Line 1 LW Voracek C Couturier RW Giroux
Line 2 LW Konecny C Cousins RW Simmonds
Line 3 LW Schenn C Lyubimov RW Read
Line 4 LW Raffl C Bellemare RW Weise

1st D-Pair LD Del Zotto RD Gostisbehere
2nd D-Pair LD Provorov RD Gudas
3rd D-Pair LD Manning RD Streit

Goalie's:
Starter: Mason
Backup: Stolarz

Scratched List
LW VandeVelde
LD Schultz
LD MacDonald + Lower body day to day
C Gordon + Upper body 3 weeks LTIR
G Neuvirth + Knee sprain 4-6 weeks

The 1st line tries to help Couturier with his offensive numbers
The 2nd line is more of a hard nosed crash the net type of line
The 3rd line could try to build chemistry to become a scoring line
The 4th line could try out as a shut down line against the opposing teams

The defense is pretty much the same except for Provorov and Manning switching places.

The offense hasn't really been much of a problem this season with the exception of VandeVelde staying in the line up undeservingly. I wouldn't mess with the Flyers 1st two lines currently, but the bottom 6 could be changed with VandeVelde out of the line up.
Current bottom 6 should be
Line 3 LW Raffl C Cousins RW Weise
Line 4 LW Read C Bellemare RW Lyubimov

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I want to get Silfverberg somehow. :laugh:

Adding to that he should be good for at least 20-20 with a strong two-way game which is pretty fair for a 3.75M hit. I really want to see what he could do on a line with a better playmaker as he's usually tied to Kesler's hip in a heavy minutes role. He's shown flashes of top line ability, but he's been wildly inconsistent and is prone to long cold stretches.

The one other issue is that, while he has beautiful hands, he seems to hit more posts than most NHL teams. :laugh:

I've never understood why so many of the LV draft projections seem to think that he'll be left unprotected. It's not as if they can't buyout Bieksa if he refuses to waive his NMC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad