Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 57th Overall (WSH) - Carl Grundstrom - RW - Modo Hockey [6-0/180]

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I couldn't name every team's 3rd best prospect off the top of my head. A great year at the AHL level might put him in the top 100 convo.
IMO he should be there now considering his track record. If he goes where he was slated to in the draft (25-40) to a team with no superstar young guns to draw attention he'd be a more accurately regarded. The gap in his performance from some the top young Swedes in recent years miniscule (Wille and Petterson excepted)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Levio getting traded opens the path for Grundstrom to come up at some point.

Considering how Babcock loves a grit grinder on lines with two skilled players I could see him on the LW with Matthews and Nylander at some point down the road.

Reactions: LeafChief

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Love the kid long term. A more skilled Zach Hyman to complete a line with Kadri and Kapanen if Johnsson is a great with Matthews and Nylander. How amazing would if be the Grunstrom keeps developing, Toronto can move the last year of the Marleau contract and rid themselves of Connor Brown, Johnsson is a fit with Matthews and Nylander and Toronto heads into 2019 with...

Johnsson / Matthews / Nylander
Hyman / Tavares / Marner
Grunstrom / Kadri / Kapanen
ELC / Lindholm / Ennis

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Levio getting traded opens the path for Grundstrom to come up at some point.

Considering how Babcock loves a grit grinder on lines with two skilled players I could see him on the LW with Matthews and Nylander at some point down the road.
I love this idea.

He remains one of my favourite Leafs prospects.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
It's kind of crazy how under-the-radar he goes. He screams perfect complimentary Top 6 player. Most 2016 drafted prospects are just turned pro this year, but Grundstrom is already a PPG player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad