Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey*

In what world was he ever the top dman? He played third pairing with Percy almost all season and was worse than both Holl and Valiev easily.

Do you actually watch games or just spew?

Dubas said prior to his call up, he was playing the best or most impressive of the marlie D.

I have watched a lot of marlies game have you?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dubas said prior to his call up, he was playing the best or most impressive of the marlie D.

Lmao, seeing how Valiev was basically the only good Marlie defenseman last season that's not exactly glowing praise.

I'm not gonna argue with you, I just read what you think of Polak. Keep spewing man, let's make sure we only get defenseman that can block shots, hit, and give away the puck.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Lmao, seeing how Valiev was basically the only good Marlie defenseman last season that's not exactly glowing praise.

You don't think the guy that won the Eddie Shore trophy for AHL Defenceman of the Year is a good defenseman?

That's... weird... to say the least.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
You don't think the guy that won the Eddie Shore trophy for AHL Defenceman of the Year is a good defenseman?

That's... weird... to say the least.

No, I think TJ Brennan is an awful defenseman.

He's exceptional at putting up points, and he's a dream of a player for the PP (that shot is so money). But he can't skate or defend, he makes terrible decisions with the puck, and he has no semblance of a transition game. There's a reason a guy who puts up a crazy amount of points every season in the AHL hasn't played more than 19 games in a single NHL season.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Loov has an absolutely SUPERIOR first pass.

There's a lot more to making a quality NHLer of course, but i'll take that as a best asset any day. I want to see what he does in a larger sample size. I think he can stick.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
No, I think TJ Brennan is an awful defenseman.

He's exceptional at putting up points, and he's a dream of a player for the PP. But he can't skate or defend, he makes terrible decisions with the puck, and has no semblance of a transition game. There's a reason a guy who puts up a crazy amount of points every season in the AHL hasn't played more than 19 games in a single NHL season.

We're talking about the AHL.

I recognize Brennan's shortcomings. But FFS. He was the voted the top defenceman in the AHL.

To say that Valiev was the Marlies "only good defenceman" is nothing short of stupid.

Mr Hockey*

I'm not gonna argue with you, I just read what you think of Polak. Keep spewing man, let's make sure we only get defenseman that can block shots, hit, and give away the puck.

Loov was not on the top pairing, and he was far from the Marlies best D.

right ... a lot of thought there :amazed:

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
In what world was he ever the top dman? He played third pairing with Percy almost all season and was worse than both Holl and Valiev easily.

Do you actually watch games or just spew?

Speaking of Holl, he's signed under an NHL contract too and should be a prospect.

Schenner, add Moore and Hall please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad