Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I just noticed that Frederick Gauthier currently has a single vote for 15th-best prospect. Things have come a long way in just a couple of years! A couple of years ago he was probably in the 6,7,8 range (I'm not going to dig up old threads to check).

I'm not trying to put down Gauthier, only highlight the improvement in our prospects.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I just noticed that Frederick Gauthier currently has a single vote for 15th-best prospect. Things have come a long way in just a couple of years! A couple of years ago he was probably in the 6,7,8 range (I'm not going to dig up old threads to check).

I'm not trying to put down Gauthier, only highlight the improvement in our prospects.

Gauthier was 6th last year :P
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1938161&highlight=

3rd in '14
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1721205&highlight=

Wheeeeeew, crazy what they've accomplished in two years.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Gauthier was 6th just last year. Percy was also 5th.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty high on Grundstrom, I wouldn't have minded the leafs taking him at 31. He's my pick here, followed by Valiev.

Mr Hockey*

I'm pretty high on Grundstrom, I wouldn't have minded the leafs taking him at 31. He's my pick here, followed by Valiev.

From what I hear about this Grundstrom, I like his game! I like that big Russian kid at #31 though. Not that I know much about him either :laugh:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Consensus and unanimous are two different things.

Andrew Neilsen 29th :laugh:
The best thing is that despite the fact that he was a top 7 dmen in the whl, and had such a huge year developmentally speaking, he is "only" 13th on our prospect pool. The pool has improved dramatically over the past two years, players are actualy gettting better and players like bracco, leivo, leipsic, who would be top 5 if they were present in 2013 are now potentially going to go in the 20's.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
This is a real toss up. Leipsic wouldn't necessarily be my first choice in this group. I suppose though it works as well as any at this point.

Frankly, i think this vote will come down to Valiev vs Leipsic, so i voted Valiev.
For me though Grundstrom.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Consensus and unanimous are two different things.

Andrew Neilsen 29th :laugh:

To be fair no one (except Hunter) expected anything close to the season he just had, in fact a lot of people were fairly upset with the pick, and saw him as a stay at home bottom pairing D taken in the 3rd round.

Timashov at #21 is pretty crazy though.

11 players in the top 20 for 2014 are no longer with the Leafs organization, crazy.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Still going with Brooks. While someone like Leipsic is a nice prospect, I see more upside with Brooks. People will take notice on the Marlies next year.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Valiev/Grundstrom/Bracco

Went with Valiev because he has the best chance of beating Leipsic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad