Prospect Info: 2016 Habs prospects final rankings

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)
#4 – Artturi Lehkonen (51.33% of the votes)
#5 – Charles Hudon (50.71% of the votes)
#6 – Noah Juulsen (75.56% of the votes)
#7 – Martin Reway (47.83% of the votes)
#8 – Jacob De La Rose (40.52% of the votes)
#9 – William Bitten (66.00% of the votes)
#10 – Charlie Lindgren (39.62% of the votes)
#11 – Zach Fucale (56.55% of the votes)
#12 – Lukas Vejdemo (35.78% of the votes)
#13 – Victor Mete (41.67% of the votes)
#14 – Brett Lernout (58.97% of the votes)
#15 – Jake Evans (60.27% of the votes)
#16 – Michael McNiven (26.92% of the votes)
#17 - Simon Bourque (22.39% of the votes)
#18 - Jeremy Gregoire (24.19% of the votes)
#19 - Jeremiah Addison (23.53% of the votes)
#20 - Tom Parisi (28.85% of the votes)
#21 - Arvid Henriksson (29.41% of the votes)
#22 - Max Friberg (21.82% of the votes, 56.25% in tie breaker vs Casey Staum)
#23 - Casey Staum (40% of the votes)
#24 - Hayden Hawkey (31.91% of the votes)
#25 - Tim Bozon (26.92% of the votes)
#26 - Ryan Johnston (33.33% of the votes)
#27 - Daniel Audette (27.78% of the votes in #26 poll)
#28 - Michael Pezzeta (31.82% of the votes)
#29 - Mark Macmillan (26.67% of the votes)
#30 - Nikolas Koberstein (35.71% of the votes)
#31 - Matt Bradley (28.57% of the votes in poll #30)
#32 - Dalton Thrower (21.43% of the votes in poll #30)
#33 - Connor Crisp (72.41% of the votes)
#34 - Colin Sullivan

GRADUATES

Joel Hanley, Sven Andrighetto, Daniel Carr, Mike Condon, Magnus Nygren & Philip Danault.

2016 riser: Jake Evans (#28 to #15)
2016 faller: Connor Crisp (#26 to #33) and Tim Bozon (#18 to #25)

Mike Cichy trophy

zYsUHIi.png

2016 winner: Colin Sullivan
2016 runner-up: Connor Crisp

2015 winner: Maxim Trunev
2015 runner-up: Joel Hanley

2014 winner: Mike Cichy
2014 runner-up:Trunev

Special thanks to Chris Cutter for starting the polls :handclap:

Can a shooper update the trophy? :D

Discuss our awesome/good/bad/horrible prospect pool.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Who is Jake Evans? I don't recall having come across his name before.

As for the prospect pool, most of the names wiill never appear in the lineup, although the same could be said about 29 (or 30) other lineups.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

As for the prospect pool, most of the names wiill never appear in the lineup, although the same could be said about 29 (or 30) other lineups.

2014 7th rounder
Center 6'0 185 lbs
Had a great season for the University of Notre Dame in the NCAA (33 pts in 38 games).
I know he's a great passer, but montreal (the poster) could probably tell you more about him.

He's the best 7th rounder we had since Sergei Kostitsyn in 2005 (of course not counting Addison and Henriksson cause it's too early), which doesn't say much because they were all bad but a lot of people actually had him higher on the list.

Also, if you search on google, the first Jake Evans that goes up isn't him obviously. :laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I would guess at least 15 appear in an NHL game in the next 3-5 years.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
GRADUATES

Joel Hanley

Mike Cichy trophy

2015 winner: Maxim Trunev
2015 runner-up: Joel Hanley

From runner-up to graduated. Not bad :handclap:

Last edited:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Graduated from age though, not play time :laugh:

But he was still far from the worst prospect we had last year. It shows that fans know very little outside of 10-15 "big name" prospects. Which is normal because not many people have the time or resources to follow everyone closely.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
But he was still far from the worst prospect we had last year. It shows that fans know very little outside of 10-15 "big name" prospects. Which is normal because not many people have the time or resources to follow everyone closely.

He was also in his first year with us so it's not like he should have garnered attention from us. This ranking was done before he played a single game as a member of the organisation, so 99.99% of the board could only rely on eliteprospect to judge him.

It's pretty hard to find any good scouting report on him, especially on his AHL time prior to him signing with us.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The habs went through like 15 dmen in the past year so it took alot of luck for Hanley to get called up as I seem to recall that he was one of the last callups from the ahl. He took full advantage of the opportunity and showed the ability to put up some points.

I believe it was nothing more than a flash in the pan, but it's remarkable that not only did Hanley get an opportunity, but also that he did something noteworthy with it. A true motivation for future cichy contenders!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The habs went through like 15 dmen in the past year so it took alot of luck for Hanley to get called up as I seem to recall that he was one of the last callups from the ahl. He took full advantage of the opportunity and showed the ability to put up some points.

I believe it was nothing more than a flash in the pan, but it's remarkable that not only did Hanley get an opportunity, but also that he did something noteworthy with it. A true motivation for future cichy contenders!

Yes, maybe Sullivan will even get a AHL contract :sarcasm:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Maybe it was just luck. I doubt he could play at that level over the course of a full year but he's serviceable at the very least. I actually liked his play beyond just his production though and I would think he's one of the first guys to get called up when an injury happens. And who knows, maybe he's just a late bloomer.

One guy who I'm really disappointed in is thrower. I really thought he'd turn out to be a really solid player. I really liked his combination of physicality and puck moving.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Now that the regular season is done for most of our prospects except the AHL. I was just curious to know how everyone see our top 10 prospects now. My biggest mover by far was McNiven.
1-Mikhail Sergachev
2-Michael McNiven
3-Noah Juulsen
4-Charles Hudon
5-Charlie Lindgren
6-Zach Fucale
7-Nikita Scherbak-----------5 to 7 are interchangeable for me. I could easily have Fucale or Scherbak at 5. With Fucale having the most upside(for me)(I know how much love Fucale gets here but for me I'm still very high on him) and Lindgren ready to challenge for NHL backup duties next season and Scherbak the most gifted. Since I'm a betting man I would put my money on Fucale making the biggest impact over the next 5 years out of the 3 players I just mentioned.

8-Jake Evans...had him in my top 10 to start the season and he has not dissapointed me.
9-Jacob De La Rose
10-Jeremiah Addison/Victor Mete

Mete

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Now that the regular season is done for most of our prospects except the AHL. I was just curious to know how everyone see our top 10 prospects now. My biggest mover by far was McNiven.
1-Mikhail Sergachev
2-Michael McNiven
3-Noah Juulsen
4-Charles Hudon
5-Charlie Lindgren
6-Zach Fucale
7-Nikita Scherbak-----------5 to 7 are interchangeable for me. I could easily have Fucale or Scherbak at 5. With Fucale having the most upside(for me)(I know how much love Fucale gets here but for me I'm still very high on him) and Lindgren ready to challenge for NHL backup duties next season and Scherbak the most gifted. Since I'm a betting man I would put my money on Fucale making the biggest impact over the next 5 years out of the 3 players I just mentioned.

8-Jake Evans...had him in my top 10 to start the season and he has not dissapointed me.
9-Jacob De La Rose

Mete

I think you're a bit high on mcniven, low on lindgren, reway is still alive and skating, bitten is better than mete and addison for sure, Lernout still show some potential and I don't know if carr and mccarron can also be considered prospect they would be in the top10

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
1-Mikhail Sergachev
2-Michael McNiven
3-Noah Juulsen
4-Charles Hudon
5-Charlie Lindgren
6-Zach Fucale

9-Jacob De La Rose

Mete

IMO Mete should be higher, Scherbak also. Fucale should not crack the top 10 actually and McNiven is a bit too high but still near the top 5.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I think you're a bit high on mcniven, low on lindgren, reway is still alive and skating, bitten is better than mete and addison for sure, Lernout still show some potential and I don't know if carr and mccarron can also be considered prospect they would be in the top10

Yeah I didn't include McCarron or Lehkonen thinking their NHL players and Carr kind of dropped of the map for me. Reway didn't play this year so hopefully we will see next year in the AHL. Lernout doesn't impress me but I'm no expert.
I think at number 10 I could have put Mete, Addison or Bitten...But I do hear a lot of great things about Mete, unfortunately he is the one player I've seen the least play.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah I didn't include McCarron or Lehkonen thinking their NHL players and Carr kind of dropped of the map for me. Reway didn't play this year so hopefully we will see next year in the AHL. Lernout doesn't impress me but I'm no expert.
I think at number 10 I could have put Mete, Addison or Bitten...But I do hear a lot of great things about Mete, unfortunately he is the one player I've seen the least play.

reway might play if the icecaps reach playoff so get hyped for that! and bitten is on a pretty bad team so its harder for him but I think he's still a really complete player.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
IMO Mete should be higher, Scherbak also. Fucale should not crack the top 10 actually and McNiven is a bit too high but still near the top 5.

I hear yeah about Fucale but I believe he has the talent for the NHL. Only time will tell with such a young goalie.
McNiven was my biggest mover by far and maybe I did place him a little too high but wow the games I watched he stole the show on many occasions :clap:

reway might play if the icecaps reach playoff so get hyped for that! and bitten is on a pretty bad team so its harder for him but I think he's still a really complete player.

I'm happy Reway is skating again...and also that finally the baby Habs might play some playoff games but what I read about Reway is that he might be going the Worlds :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I hear yeah about Fucale but I believe he has the talent for the NHL. Only time will tell with such a young goalie.
McNiven was my biggest mover by far and maybe I did place him a little too high but wow the games I watched he stole the show on many occasions :clap:

Im high on McNiven also but 2nd spot is really high IMO he should be 4-5 and its a pretty big step for him.

1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Lindgren
5. McNiven
6. Hudon
7. Bitten
8. Mete
9. De La Rose
10. Evans

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Im high on McNiven also but 2nd spot is really high IMO he should be 4-5 and its a pretty big step for him.

1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Lindgren
5. McNiven
6. Hudon
7. Bitten
8. Mete
9. De La Rose
10. Evans

I like your list except you dropped Fucale :rant::shakehead
:laugh:

Fucale helped Canada win the Spengler Cup this year to add to his impressive hardware.
Under 18 gold, Memorial Cup and WJC gold and now Spengler Cup at the very old age of 21. Was the youngest goalie to reach 100 wins in QMJHL history...

Once he nails down consistency in his play I believe he will be a solid NHL goalie in the future.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
My list of prospects includes all four Habs goaltending prospects but I have dropped Fucale to the bottom of the list simply because of he is still wildly inconsistent - unbeatable on some night and an absolute sieve on others. Lindgren has been one of the main reasons St John's is contending for a playoff spot, McNiven has been very good with Owen Sound and Hawkey has been a pleasant surprise in NCAA

Although I have de la Rose and Sherback ranked behind some of the other prospects I think they will make the Habs for someone like Juulsen simply because defensemen take longer to develop.

Carr has had a couple of shots, is older than the others and has failed to stick. That is why I didn't include him.

My Top 15 Prospects

1 – Mikhail Sergachev
2 – Charlie Lindgren
3 – Charles Hudon
4 – Noah Juulsen
5 – Mike McNiven
6 – Nikita Scherback
7 – Jacob de la Rose
8 – Victor Mete
9 – Jake Evans
10 – Matt Bradley (if he signs)
11 – Simon Bourque
12 – Brett Lernout
13 – Hayden Hawkey
14 – Zach Fucale
15 – Casey Staum

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Hudon
5. Mete
6. Lindgren
7. McNiven
8. Evans
9. Bitten
10. Reway
11. De la Rose
12. Lernout
13. Bourque
14. Bradley
15. Fucale

For me

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Hudon
5. Mete
6. Lindgren
7. McNiven
8. Evans
9. Bitten
10. Reway
11. De la Rose
12. Lernout
13. Bourque
14. Bradley
15. Fucale

For me

Why did I overlook Bitten?? He should have been on my list at no lower than #12. I didn't include Reway because I was unsure of his medical condition and I have written Nygren off as a lost cause.

GRRR ... I forgot Addison too. I'd rank him right after Bitten

If the Habs were to sign a couple of guys like Waked and Boland my list would probably look a little different.

Last edited:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Hudon
5. Mete
6. Lindgren
7. McNiven
8. Evans
9. Bitten
10. Reway
11. De la Rose
12. Lernout
13. Bourque
14. Bradley
15. Fucale

For me

Looking at everyone list it looks the the biggest movers from the beginning of the season are McNiven, Mete and maybe for some Evans.
Nice to see some fresh faces break into peoples top 5.
Looking forward to seeing those 3 eventually graduate to the AHL :clap:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1. Sergachev
2. Juulsen
3. Scherbak
4. Hudon
5. Mete
6. Lindgren
7. McNiven