GDT: 2016 ECF Game 5 | Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | 7pm April 15th

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What? No one could watch out for Tampa’s best scorer? Terrible

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why do I have to watch Don Cherry’s pink coat blinding me during the intermission...

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
at least they didn't get shut out in front of the heartbreak kid himself like when andrew WK came to town :laugh:

they absolutely played well enough to win this, just gotta bring that fire to tampa

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
After a quarantine day of drinking and watching one of my most despised Pens games ever I gotta say...I really miss talking hockey with all of you.

I even miss @Andy99 ’s cartoonish pessimism. ;)

Stay safe everybody.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Listen....

I was at this game. The energy was INSANE. Walking out after... it felt like an 18k funeral. It was unlike anything i've ever seen and i've seen series losses before. This 2016 just had something and everyone has their heart completely break.

But then....

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Listen....

I was at this game. The energy was INSANE. Walking out after... it felt like an 18k funeral. It was unlike anything i've ever seen and i've seen series losses before. This 2016 just had something and everyone has their heart completely break.

But then....

my memory is uh...fuzzy...but i'm pretty sure when they went up two i got in the vodka and word puzzles bc i got too stressed out to watch directly :laugh:

and i do honestly hate it for him, but flower getting the start was just...it was a chance for him to rewrite his own story, but even at the time i had this feeling he wouldn't (hence the vodka and other distractions), bc it was pretty much the least likely way he'd do it - if murray had been *injured*, that's a whole different game, but trying to snatch the net back from a hungry young guy having a rookie wobble with *one chance* to keep it? no. never gonna happen - still hasn't now :dunno:

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
This is the game that I realized I despise MAF the player.

Seems like a nice guy, but I can’t f***ing stand him. I cheer for him to fail.

him, not necessarily, his stans, absolutely

this was such a MAF game in a nutshell, too - some excellent, some truly, mindblowingly bad. after that first goal against, it was just...a matter of time.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
him, not necessarily, his stans, absolutely

this was such a MAF game in a nutshell, too - some excellent, some truly, mindblowingly bad. after that first goal against, it was just...a matter of time.

Nah I despise the player not just the stans. Whether that is a rational sentiment or not I don’t really care.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
my memory is uh...fuzzy...but i'm pretty sure when they went up two i got in the vodka and word puzzles bc i got too stressed out to watch directly :laugh:

and i do honestly hate it for him, but flower getting the start was just...it was a chance for him to rewrite his own story, but even at the time i had this feeling he wouldn't (hence the vodka and other distractions), bc it was pretty much the least likely way he'd do it - if murray had been *injured*, that's a whole different game, but trying to snatch the net back from a hungry young guy having a rookie wobble with *one chance* to keep it? no. never gonna happen - still hasn't now :dunno:
You know what is funny though... this mistake led sully to make a quick decision in 2017 when flower was playing ottawa. So i think it was a very costly and dangerous price well worth paying with hindsight.

Now... the best part is coming up. The offsides on drouin!!!!

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
You know what is funny though... this mistake led sully to make a quick decision in 2017 when flower was playing ottawa. So i think it was a very costly and dangerous price well worth paying with hindsight.

Now... the best part is coming up. The offsides on drouin!!!!

1000% on every point here :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad