Speculation: 2016 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Bit of a butthead, unfortunately.

Really? I don't think he looks anything like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins...

oR95_a.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm in the minority here.

I think Keller tops out as 2/3 LW. He'd need to add a lot of muscle before I'd change that opinion.

Bellows reminds me of a young Vanek: not physical, doesn't play defense, has a great shot. He'll need a more open offense system to excel.

I like PLD and Tkachuk. If one of them fell to 8 I'd be on the phone with the Sabres.

You're completely wrong on Bellows. He is quite physical, and has been accused of being a borderline dirty player. Vigorous forechecker. Nino would be a better comparison.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think that we keep the 15th.

If we get another 1st it will be through trade. I think we draft McLeod or Rubtsov, the latter name I prefer.

If we get a 5-8 pick somehow, I def think we take a Jost or Brown. If we did, then I think the 15th turns into a defenseman.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I really don't think Fletch is looking for a top 10 pick. It's been speculated he's thought about getting rid of the 15th too. I just think if he makes a trade it will be for a young player as we've been hearing.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that we keep the 15th.

If we get another 1st it will be through trade. I think we draft McLeod or Rubtsov, the latter name I prefer.

If we get a 5-8 pick somehow, I def think we take a Jost or Brown. If we did, then I think the 15th turns into a defenseman.

I would hope that if we got a lower #1 then we'd use both picks for a forward. One for a C, another for best forward available.

Only take a Dman if it's an obvious BPA (meaning there was a run on forwards before 15) situation, but In that case we could probably swing a trade in out favor with a team that is D hungry.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I really don't think Fletch is looking for a top 10 pick. It's been speculated he's thought about getting rid of the 15th too. I just think if he makes a trade it will be for a young player as we've been hearing.

I agree. And it makes sense. They are in win now mode, with some thought for the future too. They know this team needs a 21-26 year old center with skills to carry this team through stretches of the season and for the next eight years.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm in the minority here.

I think Keller tops out as 2/3 LW. He'd need to add a lot of muscle before I'd change that opinion.

Bellows reminds me of a young Vanek: not physical, doesn't play defense, has a great shot. He'll need a more open offense system to excel.

I like PLD and Tkachuk. If one of them fell to 8 I'd be on the phone with the Sabres.

Even if what you said about Bellows being like a young Vanek were true, that statement means we should be all over picking him if he's on the board at 15! 40 goal scorers are hard to find!

BB's system would be perfect for him! Even though he's not a young Vanek, I can't help but to want a player with his caliber of shot!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even if what you said about Bellows being like a young Vanek were true, that statement means we should be all over picking him if he's on the board at 15! 40 goal scorers are hard to find!

BB's system would be perfect for him! Even though he's not a young Vanek, I can't help but to want a player with his caliber of shot!

Russo seems to think he is well thought of by the Wild, and would be hard to pass up at 15. Also thought he might be gone at 13 or 14.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
When was the last time we picked a player in the draft where his best attribute was his shot? I'd have to think it goes all the way back to the first ever pick... Gaborik.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
When was the last time we picked a player in the draft where his best attribute was his shot? I'd have to think it goes all the way back to the first ever pick... Gaborik.

I thought Gaborik's speed was his claim to fame.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not much draft pick movement so far. Does it usually happen at the last minute?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He was interesting because he was A) At midterms, ranked something like 140th, and was one of the quickest risers in recent memory and ended at like 36. And b) Wild picked him at like 16 or 18th?

Never understood it.

Burns was 20oa. The scouting department got that one right.

The Dmen picked directly after him:
21: Mark Stuart-89 career points, 2nd liner
30: Shawn Belle-20 total NHL games
31: Danny Richmond-49 career games
34: Mike Egener-never played a NHL game
37: Kevin Klein-career 2nd liner, 140 career points

9th Dman taken after Burns. Shea Weber at 49oa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad