Speculation: 2016 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'd lean towards bellows first if jost and keller are gone. The only question I have is McLeod or Kunin? I think that is what it could come down to.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I've kind of warmed up to the Bellows idea the last couple days, #OneOfUs mentality be damned. He's not a center, but that's some damned elite company he's in as far as scoring prowess goes, and we could really use that. If he and, say, McLeod are somehow still available at #15, I really hope we use the pick on Bellows instead of just drafting for position.

Kind of my line of thinking too. I'd love a potential top 6 center at #15, but Bellows has the goal scoring skill and pedigree that we could really use in the system.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Mikey McLeod is never gonna be more than a 40 point centre (maybe gets some 50 point seasons in the right situation but unlikely imo). There's guys getting picked around 30 like Benson and Bitten that have more potential than him (albeit he's a safer pick).

I'd easily go with Bellows or Kunin over him. Maybe Kunin because of less questions about consistency.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Thoughts on Wyatt Newpower vs. Hank Sorensen vs. Scott Perunovich?

Some Minnesota dmen that should be available in 7.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
My draft day prediction is the following:

The WILD trade one of our young D-men (Dumba, Spurgeon or Brodin) (most likely one of the last two) and trade it for a top 15 draft pick in order to take a forward.

Then they either package the two 1st rounders to move up, to picks 3-5, or they keep the picks and take two forwards. (Tkachuck, Dubois, Nylander, Brown or Keller) and then (Bellows, McLeod, Kunin or Rubstov)

I believe they will most likely try to trade Brodin to Buffalo for the 8th OA pick, or Sprugeon/Dumba to Montreal for the 9th OA.

If Brodin goes to Edmonton for the 4th OA, I'm guessing that Nino or Zucker is included in the deal.

Another potential draft I can see, is Granlund to New Jersey for the 10th OA, and they replace him with Tyson Jost; a center and future team captain.

I also predict that Kuemper gets traded to the Florida Panthers to back up and eventually take over for Luongo in net. The return will most likely be the Florida 2nd rounder (#33 OA, or their two 4th rounders - #94 OA, #114 OA)

I would then expect the WILD to package the 4th rounders, plus their own #106 OA and to gather a late 2nd rounder.

( Just realized that Florida traded to get Reto Berra yesterday to back up Luongo, so this trade's chance are diminished now.) Perhaps Carolina needs a Cam Ward backup in exchange for their 43rd overall 2nd rounder?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The WILD trade one of our young D-men (Dumba, Spurgeon or Brodin) (most likely one of the last two) and trade it for a top 15 draft pick in order to take a forward.

Then they either package the two 1st rounders to move up, to picks 3-5, or they keep the picks and take two forwards. (Tkachuck, Dubois, Nylander, Brown or Keller) and then (Bellows, McLeod, Kunin or Rubstov)

I believe they will most likely try to trade Brodin to Buffalo for the 8th OA pick, or Sprugeon/Dumba to Montreal for the 9th OA.

If Brodin goes to Edmonton for the 4th OA, I'm guessing that Nino or Zucker is included in the deal.

Another potential draft I can see, is Granlund to New Jersey for the 10th OA, and they replace him with Tyson Jost; a center and future team captain.

I also predict that Kuemper gets traded to the Florida Panthers to back up and eventually take over for Luongo in net. The return will most likely be the Florida 2nd rounder (#33 OA, or their two 4th rounders - #94 OA, #114 OA)

I would then expect the WILD to package the 4th rounders, plus their own #106 OA and to gather a late 2nd rounder.

( Just realized that Florida traded to get Reto Berra yesterday to back up Luongo, so this trade's chance are diminished now.) Perhaps Carolina needs a Cam Ward backup in exchange for their 43rd overall 2nd rounder?

Do you honestly think all this happens today or is this just what you did in your GM mode on NHL 16?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm hoping someone shocking falls out of the top 10 and we can take him. Someone like a Fowler, Forsberg or Barzal. That would be nice. Maybe Keller or Brown.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Doubtful that it's Spurgeon.

Shalo

May 10, 2015
Do you honestly think all this happens today or is this just what you did in your GM mode on NHL 16?

I'm not predicting but my big wish (and reason why had to post here for the 1st time :D) would really be Wild gaining the 4th pick (https://www.nhl.com/news/oilers-weigh-trading-no-4-selection-in-draft/c-281029386?tid=277764372) with i.e. Spurg/Dumba+15th(+?)...

Would love to see Wild picking a really promising 1st line big center/winger in Dupois. Or if that's not happening maybe with a bit later pick a huge and intriguing center in Brown.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'm not predicting but my big wish (and reason why had to post here for the 1st time :D) would really be Wild gaining the 4th pick (https://www.nhl.com/news/oilers-weigh-trading-no-4-selection-in-draft/c-281029386?tid=277764372) with i.e. Spurg/Dumba+15th(+?)...

Would love to see Wild picking a really promising 1st line big center/winger in Dupois. Or if that's not happening maybe with a bit later pick a huge and intriguing center in Brown.

flip that p rightside up

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

Did you READ the part where I said "trade ONE" of their D-men? I laid out multiple options, of which I believe one of them will happen.

The Wild are going to lose one of those guys next year in the expansion draft, so why not trade now for a younger player/pick that will be protected from it.

No where did I state that ALL of the scenarios I post would happen. smh

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thoughts on Wyatt Newpower vs. Hank Sorensen vs. Scott Perunovich?

Some Minnesota dmen that should be available in 7.

Only guy I know is Perunovich. All I can say is that he has always been a special player. Malmquist is still out there as an overager. Hasn't lit it up at ND, but he's done as well as other players drafted in the mid rounds.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see the point in going all out to get the fourth pick in a three player draft. Would anyone be shocked if Nylander/ Keller turns out to be a better player than Tkachuk/PLD?

Not me.

Would be very sad if Brodin traded. Jesus Brodin and I would have some hard days ahead to get through. Maybe lots of binge eating, or beers?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm in the minority here.

I think Keller tops out as 2/3 LW. He'd need to add a lot of muscle before I'd change that opinion.

Bellows reminds me of a young Vanek: not physical, doesn't play defense, has a great shot. He'll need a more open offense system to excel.

I like PLD and Tkachuk. If one of them fell to 8 I'd be on the phone with the Sabres.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I bought a Brodin t-shirt semi-recently, so it would only be fitting that he gets traded.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

My only prediction is that none of these things are going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad