2016 Draft Thread II (June 24th-25th) - CBJ to draft 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
I wonder when Bettman actually determines how the lottery will play out. Was it done prior to today? Is he working on it right now? We know where he has Columbus slotted. :naughty:

SCB502

Jan 3, 2014
#1 Toronto
#2 Boston
#3 Montreal

And I never watch hockey again. I might never watch it if Boston gets in there at all. If Detroit would have missed the playoffs I guarantee they would have been in the top three.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
ChTeiGMUkAQLWYz.jpg

:sarcasm:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Chychrun is 7 accordingly to ISS. I'm ok with it. D is our weakness, not offence

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Chychrun is 7 accordingly to ISS. I'm ok with it. D is our weakness, not offence

We shouldn't view the draft as an immediate needs sort of thing, but more of an organizational structure (with the NHL team as the top of a pyramid of a development structure).

While our defense at an NHL level is weak, as an organization, I'd say that's actually the strongest part of our system. It's among our forward prospects, especially center, that the organization has a clear and present weakness. That being said, I'm fine with BPA to build organization depth... unless it's another Hartnell-esque LW prospect. I think we might be cornering the NHL market on that player (Bittner, Rychel, etc), so I wouldn't be excited about a Tkachuk pick. I'm not going to bank on a 17-18 year old kid making a huge difference immediately.

The top of my draft board of this moment would look something like:
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Puljujarvi
4. Chychrun
5. Dubois
6. Juolevi
7. Nylander

Do not draft Tkachuk.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
The only possible outcome of this lottery that would truly annoy me is if Edmonton is in the top-3 again.

Yes, I know that's pretty likely to be the case. Still.

I agree with you (again?) If Bettman's as corrupt as his mentor Stern, might as well cheat Edmonton into getting the lowest possible pick. 29 other franchises would appreciate it.

I'm fine with Toronto getting #1--the franchise hasn't had much going right for them the last decade. If we don't win the lottery, I'd like to see Phoenix or Winnipeg win it. 'Peg's a team that's just been hanging around the draft like Columbus. Never good enough to do much, never bad enough to get a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad