2016 Draft Thread | 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Just saying, Tkachuk checks a lot of boxes for the Canucks. If EDM takes Dubois or makes some trade with MTL, then I can see the Canucks going for Tkachuk.

No way we take Brown at 5 unless we trade down.

#tradedowntogetbrown

I think Benning has decided that we have drafted wingers with top picks in his first couple years, are signing a top winger in UFA, are sorted at that position, and we are absolutely, 100% taking a center or defender in this draft.

I would be absolutely *shocked* if Tkachuk is a Canuck on Friday. And yeah, I think if Dubois goes at 4 we're going to draft Logan Brown.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Agreed. If Benning trades down to draft Brown...well I'm already at the end of my rope, so I don't know how much more I can hate the guy.

What's worse about drafting Brown at 5 is that it leaves one of Tkachuk or Dubois to the Flames. That would seriously suck.

Adding either of them to a pool of Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Backlund is going to make the Canucks rebuild even harder.

Unless we're moving down to get Brown and adding another top prospect, then maybe it makes the situation better, but still not as good as taking a consensus 5th overall which is only...Tkachuk/Dubois.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I think Benning has decided that we have drafted wingers with top picks in his first couple years, are signing a top winger in UFA, are sorted at that position, and we are absolutely, 100% taking a center or defender in this draft.

I would be absolutely *shocked* if Tkachuk is a Canuck on Friday. And yeah, I think if Dubois goes at 4 we're going to draft Logan Brown.

Sounds like something this stupid management group would do. Why have an elite prospect in Tkachuk when we can take someone much worse like Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad