2016 Draft Thread | 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Just came back from the Royals-Rockets playoff game. A couple thoughts on Lucas Johansen:
- Definitely has an NHL frame. Plays physical but didn't have much of a mean streak.
- I liked his defensive positioning and passes.
- Seems to be playing 2nd PK and PP, which isn't surprising given the depth that the Rockets have.
- Wasn't very creative offensively. Always seemed like he wants to get rid of the puck as soon as its on his stick.
- Kind of reminds of Juulsen. Decent bet to make the NHL, not sure what his upside is.

All in all, I came away liking what I saw. Depending on who is available he could be a good pick at 33rd.

I'd prefer someone with more offensive upside than Johansen. If Johansen is the best defenseman available at our pick i'd rather target a forward or even a goalie like Hart if Demko goes Vesey on us.

We need creativity and imagination on the back end. Someone who has the potential to QB a number 1 PP.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
If no one else is preparing a GDT for the next draft thread, i have one ready with the picks listed and dates so we can avoid this confusion :)

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
Columbus 2nd at their discretion over the next 3 drafts. Not likely to give us 2016 2nd.

Whose 2nd do we have?

Tyler Benson is likely to be picked about mid round 2. Are the Canucks willing to use their 33rd pick for a player that should not go before the 45th to 50th pick?

I see the Canucks using their 33rd pick for Markus Niemeläinen if still available or Lucas Johansen. To get Tyler Benson, it's very likely our 63rd pick is too late, so we would need to acquire an early to mid round 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad