2016 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
He is regarded as a strong skater, but not an explosive one if that makes sense. I haven't heard anyone question his lateral mobility. He is not, however, the skater that Chychrun or Juolevi are.

Yeah I more so meant his straight line speed. Definitely not a burner.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Any of the European posters have any feedback on: Grundstrom, Moverare, Borgstrom, Kayumov, or Hronek?

Would appreciate it.

Borgström is a guy I liked from early on this season and though he could be a great later round pick up, but now it looks like he'll be gone by then. I would probably still pick him as early as the 3rd or maybe 4th round. A highly skilled center with a good frame but needs to add muscle to it. Solid skater, could play more physical but he's the kind of guy who uses his smarts instead of strength. I don't think he was great at faceoffs when I've seen him play but that can be improved. He went undrafted last year due to playing at the U18 level, which in Finland is really mostly U17s. I don't know what the reason was behind that, usually the top U18 players at least get a shot at U20. I think he's grown a good 2" since 2014-15. So he'll definitely be on my (long) wish list come June, but I guess it's possible some team takes him as early as the 2nd round which is kind of pushing it.

Kayumov is also someone I like a lot. He's kind of a Nyquist-type player IMO, slightly undersized but fast, skilled and works hard. Obviously he wasn't at the U18s, which I could see dropping his stock and some team making a great pick later in the draft. Would probably pick him also in the 3rd/4th round.

From what I saw at the U18s, Moverare looked pretty good but really can't say much. He's one of the youngest players in the draft, though. Hronek haven't seen outside of the U20s but honestly can't remember him at all. Also haven't been following Grundström too much because he'll probably be gone by our 2nd pick and perhaps not quite in the range of our 1st round pick. He'll play for Frölunda next year, the team where Håkan Andersson has an advisory job... I've always though of Grundström, Rasmus Asplund and Jonathan Dahlen as a trio for this draft, since they're all late '97 Swedes playing against pros. Right now I like Dahlen the most in relation to where they're likely to be drafted. Could be a really good pick with our 2nd rounder, though we do need Ds.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
^^^^

i'll have to pump dahlen's tires too. he's late 1st rounder for me. not sure if good D is there available in our 2nd where we pick. i'd assume kids like clague are gone. peake and fox are some i'd like there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
^^^^

i'll have to pump dahlen's tires too. he's late 1st rounder for me. not sure if good D is there available in our 2nd where we pick. i'd assume kids like clague are gone. peake and fox are some i'd like there.

Peake????

Borgström is a guy I liked from early on this season and though he could be a great later round pick up, but now it looks like he'll be gone by then. I would probably still pick him as early as the 3rd or maybe 4th round. A highly skilled center with a good frame but needs to add muscle to it. Solid skater, could play more physical but he's the kind of guy who uses his smarts instead of strength. I don't think he was great at faceoffs when I've seen him play but that can be improved. He went undrafted last year due to playing at the U18 level, which in Finland is really mostly U17s. I don't know what the reason was behind that, usually the top U18 players at least get a shot at U20. I think he's grown a good 2" since 2014-15. So he'll definitely be on my (long) wish list come June, but I guess it's possible some team takes him as early as the 2nd round which is kind of pushing it.

Kayumov is also someone I like a lot. He's kind of a Nyquist-type player IMO, slightly undersized but fast, skilled and works hard. Obviously he wasn't at the U18s, which I could see dropping his stock and some team making a great pick later in the draft. Would probably pick him also in the 3rd/4th round.

From what I saw at the U18s, Moverare looked pretty good but really can't say much. He's one of the youngest players in the draft, though. Hronek haven't seen outside of the U20s but honestly can't remember him at all. Also haven't been following Grundström too much because he'll probably be gone by our 2nd pick and perhaps not quite in the range of our 1st round pick. He'll play for Frölunda next year, the team where Håkan Andersson has an advisory job... I've always though of Grundström, Rasmus Asplund and Jonathan Dahlen as a trio for this draft, since they're all late '97 Swedes playing against pros. Right now I like Dahlen the most in relation to where they're likely to be drafted. Could be a really good pick with our 2nd rounder, though we do need Ds.

Thanks Chad!!!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yeah I like him with our 2nd rounder especially if we go Rubstov or forward in the 1st. He's definitely got upside.

Rubstov and Green with our first two picks would make me super, super happy. I honestly would not care what they did with the other picks.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
^^^^

Yeah he could definitely go late 1st.

Do any euros have any opinions of Hronek or David Bernhardt?
Bernhardt: Real project pick. He shows good tools offensively but needs to improve in his own end to be a complete player. Good size, carries the puck well and skating is solid. Produced really well this season but still kind of inconsistent.

Last edited:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I'm just hoping fabbro falls to us because I doubt Kenny would trade up for one of the other 3

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Is there any chance one of the big 3 defenceman (juoveli, segarchev, chychrun) is available at 10-12? Chychruns stock has fell and ive seen mocks where juoveli and sergachev going ahead of him.

the top 3 is pretty much set in stone.....EDM & Buffalo are going Defenseman most likely...i dont know what Colorado does..

i doubt we would ever trade up if that happens but would be interesting

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Is there any chance one of the big 3 defenceman (juoveli, segarchev, chychrun) is available at 10-12? Chychruns stock has fell and ive seen mocks where juoveli and sergachev going ahead of him.

the top 3 is pretty much set in stone.....EDM & Buffalo are going Defenseman most likely...i dont know what Colorado does..

i doubt we would ever trade up if that happens but would be interesting

I'm not sure EDM drafts a D. They have 1000000 LHD and all of big 3 three is LHD. They may trade their pick for an established defenseman or may draft Dubois/Tkachuk.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'm not sure EDM drafts a D. They have 1000000 LHD and all of big 3 three is LHD. They may trade their pick for an established defenseman or may draft Dubois/Tkachuk.

Common now. You are suggesting that EDM D is good on the Left side?
They might draft a forward, but thats ONLY if they make a big trade for a D man before their pick.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Common now. You are suggesting that EDM D is good on the Left side?
They might draft a forward, but thats ONLY if they make a big trade for a D man before their pick.
Oilers have Klefbom, who is at least future #2, Nurse, who is still promising with top pairing upside, Reinhart, who was selected 4th overall, and Davidson, who was surprisingly good for them this year, all of them under 25. They probably also have some other LHD prospects in their system - Ziyat Paigin? Not to mention Sekera. And none of D in this draft are guaranteed to become #1 like Ekblad, so maybe they are better off drafting BPA instead of player for "position of need".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad