2016 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rubstov is the best forward to take?

And why do you feel so adamantly about that?... To the point where he is the "only good forward" and Holland should be fired if he does not draft him?

What do you think of Victor Mete?

I think both him and Girard are intriuging. The combine starts May 30th I believe, and I am very interested to see the official height and weight listed for Mete and Girard.

Mete is supposedly one of the best skaters in the whole draft. Girard is a dynamite PPQB, watch the guy's highlights and it is full of ridiculous passes.

If Mete makes it to the 4th, I'd like him. Other guys I like better in the 2nd, ideally.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
And why do you feel so adamantly about that?... To the point where he is the "only good forward" and Babcock should be fired if he does not draft him?

I think both him and Girard are intriuging. The combine starts May 30th I believe, and I am very interested to see the official height and weight listed for Mete and Girard.

Mete is supposedly one of the best skaters in the whole draft. Girard is a dynamite PPQB, watch the guy's highlights and it is full of ridiculous passes.

If Mete makes it to the 4th, I'd like him. Other guys I like better in the 2nd, ideally.

Rubstov is the best center in the draft that will be available to us. We don't need wingers or goalies

Last edited:

spost

Oct 12, 2014
I wouldn't mind getting our hands on Logan Brown, if he lasts that long..

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rubstov is the best center in the draft that will be available to us. We don't need wingers or goalies

I suggest familiarizing yourself with this draft more. There are other good options out there.

I personally would consider Kunin over Rubtsov. Also possible that one of Keller/Brown/McLeod/Jost slips to us.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
And why do you feel so adamantly about that?... To the point where he is the "only good forward" and Holland should be fired if he does not draft him?

It seems like this draft is Dmen deep. I like what i am reading about Girard. If Kenny does trade back, hopefully it is to pick more Dmen in the later rounds.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If we draft Rubstsov over McAvoy I will be pissed off.

It would be a really tough call for me if both were on the board when we picked. I absolutely get the case for taking Rubstov in the first. To me, the defensemen that should be available in the second are comparatively better than the forwards that should be available in the second. If we get a quality defensive prospect in the second I will be happy with Rubstov.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It seems like this draft is Dmen deep. I like what i am reading about Girard. If Kenny does trade back, hopefully it is to pick more Dmen in the later rounds.

I don't know that I think I would call it deep.

I think there are a couple guys under the radar because of size, a couple guys under the radar because they are buried on a deep blue line, and a couple guys under the radar because of a really late surge.

It would be a really tough call for me if both were on the board when we picked. I absolutely get the case for taking Rubstov in the first. To me, the defensemen that should be available in the second are comparatively better than the forwards that should be available in the second. If we get a quality defensive prospect in the second I will be happy with Rubstov.

On one hand, I like the potential options in the 2nd as well.

Though I fear a lot of guys mocked in the 2nd will actually go late 1st/early 2nd, and not be there for us. Similar to Juulsen and others last year.

Unless they have Rubtsov ranked much higher than Fabbro/McAvoy, I really don't see why you wouldn't go with a much needed RHD high-end prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
There definitely was not talk about Larkin as the organization did everything they could to hide their interest in him. I think you are thinking about Svechnikov. St. James predicted Svechnikov to the Wings last year.

don't give her too much credit, there were a lot of mocks having him going here.

a lot of what she writes is second-hand stuff.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don't know that I think I would call it deep.

I think there are a couple guys under the radar because of size, a couple guys under the radar because they are buried on a deep blue line, and a couple guys under the radar because of a really late surge.

On one hand, I like the potential options in the 2nd as well.

Though I fear a lot of guys mocked in the 2nd will actually go late 1st/early 2nd, and not be there for us. Similar to Juulsen and others last year.

Unless they have Rubtsov ranked much higher than Fabbro/McAvoy, I really don't see why you wouldn't go with a much needed RHD high-end prospect.

Sure, but then you have guys like Connor, Konecny, and Barzal available.:naughty:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I suggest familiarizing yourself with this draft more. There are other good options out there.

I personally would consider Kunin over Rubtsov. Also possible that one of Keller/Brown/McLeod/Jost slips to us.

Those guys are gonna be busts. Except maybe kunin

And busts as in not stars.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow

Why do we always speak about RHD as a position of need? The prospect system is filled with RHD of all types and sizes, why there is only XO as a LHD. I would rather try to trade up and draft one of big 3 LHD prospects (especially Chychrun or Sergachev).

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why do we always speak about RHD as a position of need? The prospect system is filled with RHD of all types and sizes, why there is only XO as a LHD. I would rather try to trade up and draft one of big 3 LHD prospects (especially Chychrun or Sergachev).

I don't see why you need a rhd. If there's an a+ lhd or a b rhd what do u pick

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Ok... Replace RHD with defenseman and my statement is equally true.

Just a bonus that the 2 most likely guys there when we draft are both also RHD.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Why is everyone talking about Toronto giving up their 3rd this year, can't they wait til next draft? Have they already decided?

Where are the exact draft positions for the wings this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad