Feb 18, 2012
CHI
As an Arrietta fan, I can see why.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13418-1349223535-0.gif

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
e

Krisbryantisbest has a point. Just think back to when Dusty Baker singlehandedly Ndestroyed the career of Barry Bonds :sarcasm:
Better yet, let's remember Dusty ruining Wood and Prior, or allowing a clubhouse filled with spite. I mean, it's not like Dusty doesn't have a history.

The Nats will be interesting to watch, but as a Cubs fan, I am happy we have Maddon. Just wait until Dusty stinks up the joint then brings his kid to the pressers to deflect his failure. Dustys trend of coming in and taking over somebodies regime that the team bought into, turning it into his own, then watching the team crumble because of his old school boys will be boys ideals is nothing short but his legacy.

There's a reason he jumps around a lot. And while I personally don't put Harper on Bonds level talent wise, I can see Dusty coddling him the way he did Bonds and Sosa just like every meal ticket Dusty was gifted and causing a resentful locker room.

Let's see how Harper handles it. Bonds could. Sosa had his boom box destroyed.....

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
For poops and laughs, can you name me some of the position players he ran into the ground?
2003 Cubs

Even better, every team with the exception of his Giants years, and even then didn't start winning World Series until after he was gone.

Teams end up worse after Dusty.

But now worries, In Dusty we trusty :)

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
2003 Cubs

Even better, every team with the exception of his Giants years, and even then didn't start winning World Series until after he was gone.

Teams end up worse after Dusty.

The Giants didn't win anything until 8 years after he was gone with a whole different roster & organization, as well as a full rebuild of the franchise.

Reds got worse after he left.

Random fact that has no relevance - they are apparently best friends & grew up together.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
guy was hitting like 900 foot home runs at 16. don't think he's been in a fair baseball league for his talents since like 10

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Because going to college is a bad thing, I guess.....

Well harper did got o college, he actually did his GED when he finished Grade 11 to advance himself. Not only that but yea its a bad thing considering Harper started making big $$ before Bryant and will have a chance to potentially cash in on two major contracts given his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad