GDT: 2016 All Star Weekend- Skills Comp 7pm EST CBC,SN Game 5pm EST

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I hope the NHL realizes the fans had a significant part in the success of this all star game, one of the more memorable.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Anybody with half a brain should put two and two together and figure Scott deserves a call up. He would probably bring extra revenues with how fans have acted lately.

Don't tell me he'll cost us games since we don't win anymore at least he can protect our players since we have no one who can. Besides he looked better than PK on the ice. So much for the Pacific being the weakest, they ruled.

I've been saying this all year - Scott wasn't a liability on the Sharks last year. He won't contribute much on the ice, but he's a great guy to have around your team. The guys all love him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just watching another ALL-STar skills...the AHL one. I think they presented Budaj by saying...Peter Booty.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
agreed completely, it really has been one of the best also for me , i was a bit skeptikal
It's definitely a success and the John Scott story line is a cherry on the sundae. The guy appeared to have fun like a kid out there. Was cool to see.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
No reactions by the Habs twitter account while other teams have reacted to the John Scott MVP story. Isn't it clear that they Just want to pretend that this deal never happened?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
No reactions by the Habs twitter account while other teams have reacted to the John Scott MVP story. Isn't it clear that they Just want to pretend that this deal never happened?

The habs really outdone themselves and took the CL out of Class. So sad this organization has reached this level :shakehead

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
CaGK0MKUkAAUFCI.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, I know he does but that was a very uncomfortable moment.

Scott was dead serious. Really feel bad for him.

I just rewatched the segment and you are right, it was a very inappropriate reaction by Morissette:

Morissette: Next step is to have you in Montreal, with the big club (as he's saying this, he seems to break into a coy smile)

Scott: Yup, that's it, I'm going to talk to Berjie (uses a soft "g") after this and we'll see what we can do.

Just as Scott says this, Morissette's head snaps back, he breaks into a huge, loud laugh which does seem to take Scott by surprise. Scott reacts tentatively as Morissette translates from that point.

Last edited:

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Just as Scott says this, Morissette's head snaps back, break into a huge, loud laugh which does seem to take Scott by surprise.

Al weekend long, those TVA Sports "journalists" were laughing their ***** off out loud for no reason. I think they were overexcited to be there.

This all star coverage was the worst thing ive seen on tv.

They didn't have their facts right, their journalists cannot make decent interviews with the players, and Lavoie and Morissette were so bad in English. They make tons of grammar mistakes and and they never translate correctly; always adding a few made-up things.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Al weekend long, those TVA Sports "journalists" were laughing their ***** off out loud for no reason. I think they were overexcited to be there.

Something tells me that they were continously reminded that "this is something light....make people enjoy the broadcast...it's all in good fun". 'Cause it was often borderline embarrassing....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Something tells me that they were continously reminded that "this is something light....make people enjoy the broadcast...it's all in good fun". 'Cause it was often borderline embarrassing....

They don't need to be told to be light, they are lightweights, trying too hard to be the players' friends. I understand that the event itself is meant for entertainment and has no tangible value, however, I can't help but think the impression these jovial idiots gave as they wondered about the city saying they are from Montreal. This is where someone like Marc Denis raises the bar. Seems that TVA is content with merely having its mike-holders give taps to the backs of the players they interact with, smiling profusely to make up for a poor vocabulary and incredibly dumb pronunciations.

It may be acceptable to Spanre's target audience however, it was more of a source of comedic material otherwise.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
By being our best player and one of the few guys that actually care? Hmmm...

really dont get the subban hate around here. The only player who gives a damn, and the only player who hasn't let the crappy coaching and style of play drag him down...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I just rewatched the segment and you are right, it was a very inappropriate reaction by Morissette:

Morissette: Next step is to have you in Montreal, with the big club (as he's saying this, he seems to break into a coy smile)

Scott: Yup, that's it, I'm going to talk to Berjie (uses a soft "g") after this and we'll see what we can do.

Just as Scott says this, Morissette's head snaps back, he breaks into a huge, loud laugh which does seem to take Scott by surprise. Scott reacts tentatively as Morissette translates from that point.

Well at least Morisette hugged him after that.

But that fool is always like that, he laughs all the time and for no reason. He could announce a murder on live on TV and laugh it up. I think it's his nerves.

TVA should hire Mark Denis, would be perfect for this kind of stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad