2016 All-Star Game (Toews & Kane in)

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
IMO, you can't think Scott making the team is hilarious and then be pissed that Crawford didn't make the team. Either it's not important who plays and just have fun with it, or it should be for the most deserving players.

Agree with you here. Scott making it is dumb, as is Crawford's exclusion.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I can't work up any outrage over the All Star game selections given that it's never been taken seriously and has always had problems representing the most deserving players. Between having to have a representative for each team and the voting issues (Girgensons had most votes last year) I just don't care.

IMO, you can't think Scott making the team is hilarious and then be pissed that Crawford didn't make the team. Either it's not important who plays and just have fun with it, or it should be for the most deserving players.

That's two different selection processes of the joke fan vote vs the leagues choices.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That's two different selection processes of the joke fan vote vs the leagues choices.

But it's the same principle. If you vote for Scott, you are saying, lets have fun with this, it doesn't matter anyways. Voting for Scott causes someone more deserving to be left off. That should bother you just like Crawford not making it does.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Frankly, I'd be thrilled if zero Blackhawks players got in and they all got a ton of rest instead.

But I think the All Star Game is stupid nonsense, and the only thing about this year that holds even the slightest interest for me is to see John Scott in 3v3 and if the other guys do everything they can to ensure he scores.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
But it's the same principle. If you vote for Scott, you are saying, lets have fun with this, it doesn't matter anyways. Voting for Scott causes someone more deserving to be left off. That should bother you just like Crawford not making it does.

And I think everyone should be having fun with this, because it doesn't matter and it's about great players chumming around and showing us some fancy moves.

The fans and players (and John Scott) can take the Scott thing several ways. Scott decided to take it as a positive and to try to go and work hard and have fun. I doubt any elite players are really losing sleep over any of this (unless they're being denied some big bonus/incentive); they'll be thankful or the extra sleep. And I think the rest of the ASG players will be really considerate about it and take it as a rare opportunity to give some recognition to one of the greats of a dying (literally :( ) breed of player. It'll be like "Hit Somebody," IRL... assuming Scott manages to put one in the net :popcorn:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
And I think everyone should be having fun with this, because it doesn't matter and it's about great players chumming around and showing us some fancy moves.

The fans and players (and John Scott) can take the Scott thing several ways. Scott decided to take it as a positive and to try to go and work hard and have fun. I doubt any elite players are really losing sleep over any of this (unless they're being denied some big bonus/incentive); they'll be thankful or the extra sleep. And I think the rest of the ASG players will be really considerate about it and take it as a rare opportunity to give some recognition to one of the greats of a dying (literally :( ) breed of player. It'll be like "Hit Somebody," IRL... assuming Scott manages to put one in the net :popcorn:

Like I said, I'm indifferent. I just think it's hypocritical for fans that think it's good for Scott to make the team and then turn around and be upset that whatever player from their team didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad