2016 All-Star Game (Toews & Kane in)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I still am baffled by the amassed response always fueled by some act like the skills-competition night doesn't exist and it's only the game thing.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
DD and Rinne over Crow??????

I'm so sick of Rinne; he's such a reputation coaster. What has he ever won? What series has he ever stolen for his team?

Did you watch the first round of the 2011 playoffs against Anaheim and first round of the 2012 playoffs against Detroit,rinne may not have any cups yet,but he has stolen two playoff series

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
DD and Rinne over Crow??????

I'm so sick of Rinne; he's such a reputation coaster. What has he ever won? What series has he ever stolen for his team?

DD is the only Wild player and Rinne is the home town guy. I am glad Crow will get the rest. I actually hope JT backs out.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Captain John Scott says everything you need to know about deserving it or not.
I just wish Westgarth was still in the league and the fans voted him in as well. (And in Ultra-mo......EEUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!)
hqdefault.jpg

Personally, I find Scott being elected freaking hilarious. It only makes me wonder which player who probably shouldn't ever set foot on an NHL rink gets voted in next year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, Crow not being an All Star severely limits my odds of buying one. Already have a red Toews and a white Kane sweater, and I've got Keith tapped as being my choice for any eventual black Hawks sweater, so that really leaves a good outdoor game or an ASG for me to likely get a Crawford jersey.

Maybe I'll get a captain Kaner version....

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Did you watch the first round of the 2011 playoffs against Anaheim and first round of the 2012 playoffs against Detroit,rinne may not have any cups yet,but he has stolen two playoff series

I didn't watch those series so I can't judge there. I know he was part of the problem when the Hawks beat the Preds in 2010 and last season.

Some of Crawford's great postseason moments came in playoffs where the Hawks didn't win the cup. In 2014 St Louis goes up 2-0 and basically plays the Hawks off of the ice in game 3. Crawford committed grand larceny that night in shutting them out. If the Blues go up 3-0 that series is over. Done. Finished.

And he still gets zero respect from way too many people who claim to know about hockey. There's nothing he can do. I think that's what pisses me off about this the most. I don't even care about the ASG that much; I never watch them.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Nashville got the 3 roster spots because it's in Nashville. I agree that Crow deserved to go, but do we really need to see him stopping breakaways?

D'oh! I totally forgot about that.
Now it makes sense. But I would take Neal over Rinne.

Unless Neal is only good against us..

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
And he still gets zero respect from way too many people who claim to know about hockey. There's nothing he can do. I think that's what pisses me off about this the most. I don't even care about the ASG that much; I never watch them.

This is how I feel too. I thought this would be the year he finally gets some recognition.
Im glad he is getting the rest though. But if any goalie in the central deserved it, it was him.

Toews shouldn't have been named to the team, but oh well. I guess he is Mr. OT this year

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If the team all-star selection is based on who is playing well only this season then Toews should not be named to the Central all-star team...if based on careeer then of course o e could understand...But if pn career then Crosby should be there for his division all-star team too...If you leave a big star off for a poor first half then that should apply equally a cross the board..but apparently not...Could it be the NHL. was pissed-off by Crosby only having played in hustle 1 all-star game and always being off due to injury all the other times he was not there? Maybe.But even so..I would not have named Toews to his all-star squad given his underwhelming g effort in 5he first half...Some other player not going g who actually did try hard most games and who did actually produce more points than expected...that guy deserved a spot more than the first half mail it in Toews.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Interesting that Pierre McGuire said on Sirius/XM NHL radio when interviewed this afternoon that his 4 C's to construct a team with would be Bergeron,Crosby,Kopitar and Anisimov...which is surprising ...in that Toews and Seguin are beaten out by Anisimov ..I am not sure if he is wanting 2 BIG C's out of the 4 and that is the reason..or whether CROSBY just beats out Toews or Seguin for one of the top 2 line C's on his dream team due to career stardom not just this season criteria and that Bergeron is there as one of his top 2 line C's because McGuire calls him tge best 2-way C in the game (I guess Toews is only 2nd best 2-way C but he could not see him in a 3C or 4C line role on his dram team but Kopitar and Anisimov could fill out those bottom 2 C roles despite being on top 2 lines this year.Anyway...just thought this was interesting.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Rinne over Crawford? That's a JOKE! And I don't care that the game is in Nashville!

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
This is how I feel too. I thought this would be the year he finally gets some recognition.
Im glad he is getting the rest though. But if any goalie in the central deserved it, it was him.

Toews shouldn't have been named to the team, but oh well. I guess he is Mr. OT this year

This. I feel like there may be some consideration given to strong OT performers. That 19-88-7 trio was pretty deadly to start the season...

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Criminal that Crawford didn't get in. Outside of Kane and maybe Panarin, he's been our best performer.

Toews shows that he got in on mainly his name, which is kind of hilarious since Crosby didn't. Thought Panarin has had a better year than Toews for sure, but oh well.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Oh, and the jerseys are awful. Resemble the bruins too much and I find that rather disgusting.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
How is Keith not in the all star game? He should be in every year by default.

Thinking like that is what dilutes the ASG. He hasn't been poor or anything, but I agree with everyone in the game for the Central side outside of the omission of Crow.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I can't work up any outrage over the All Star game selections given that it's never been taken seriously and has always had problems representing the most deserving players. Between having to have a representative for each team and the voting issues (Girgensons had most votes last year) I just don't care.

IMO, you can't think Scott making the team is hilarious and then be pissed that Crawford didn't make the team. Either it's not important who plays and just have fun with it, or it should be for the most deserving players.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I look forward to the 3-on-3 with all the skilled players that will be there .... but I feel for John Scott. I don't know how he can be part of the game without embarrassing himself. It's not his fault that so many fans are idiots (for voting for him).

The intentions were noble, but it's high time the NHL took a good look at the voting protocol and change it (as is usual in life, a select few ruin it for the rest).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad