2016 All-Star Game Post Game Thread: John Scott MVP

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My apologies for coming to this party late, but I want to throw in my $0.02.

I want you all to note one thing. During the ASG weekend there wasn't one tweet or FB post from the Coyotes (Howler posts came late in the weekend). Not even a congratulations to Scott (which would have gone a LONG way to repair the negative rep for which they will forever be associated) after winning the MVP. They're also denying requests for interviews with Coyotes personnel.

If you're looking to get into PR, let this be a lesson on how NOT to handle a situation like this.

Agreed. The Coyotes should be ashamed of themselves. I think they, the NHL, and the Montreal Canadiens should all apologize to Scott. Whatever one thinks (or thought) of John Scott; those three entities have shown themselves to be the real goons of this story and I am thrilled that the public sees them for what they really are.

If the NHL doesn't like the fandom voting in a guy (and making him MVP) they deem "unworthy" or the kind of guy they're trying to phase out of the game; then change the way the voting is done. Otherwise, suck it up and deal with it.

Montreal was pretty slow to acknowledge him but they did eventually tweet a congratulations after many other NHL teams. Some people in the Montreal media took the team to task for appearing to disown him until pretty much forced to react.

As well they should have. Kudos. I'm sure PK Subban got a boatload of love from the Montreal Canadiens for being selected to the all star game. Why not Scott? As a Bruins fan, I pretty much despise all things "Habs"; but by shunning Scott - and agreeing to bury him to get him out of the all star game in the first place - they have found yet another way to throw some gasoline onto my burning hatred of them. I did not think it was possible.

And the record will show that the only Coyotes sweaters that made it onto the ice this All Star weekend were being worn by John Scott's daughters. That family seems to hold no grudge against Arizona, but Maloney and crew couldn't show an ounce of respect back.

I don't get it. He was an all-star without a country (no Coyotes or Canadiens uniform)...

What I would have LOVED to have seen was Scott wear his new St. John's IceCaps uniform at the skills competition and the IceCaps logo on his shoulder at the game on Sunday. That would have been delicious.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
What I would have LOVED to have seen was Scott wear his new St. John's IceCaps uniform at the skills competition and the IceCaps logo on his shoulder at the game on Sunday. That would have been delicious.

This would have been absolutely incredible.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004

He wanted to do that, but was quoted saying that the NHL "vetoed that hard."

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

He wanted to do that, but was quoted saying that the NHL "vetoed that hard."

Oh? Did they really? So the NHL wouldn't be embarrassed??? I'm afraid that ship had long since sailed waaay before Saturday.

I honestly think the NHL, the Coyotes, and (to a lesser extent) the Canadiens did absolutely everything as wrong as possible leading up to the All Star Game. I didn't know THAT little detail, but I am not surprised in the least.

And that coward Gary Bettman didn't have the guts to show his face at the game on Sunday (that I could see, anyway). Par for the course.

In a semi-related rant; if I could have my ULTIMATE (non-Boston Bruins) hockey fantasy - it would be the Ottawa Senators vs. the Winnipeg Jets in the Stanley Cup Final with John Scott as the Conn Smythe Trophy winner. As Bettman hands the Cup to the winning captain (I honestly don't care who wins) his head explodes from the horror of Scott winning the Smythe and TWO small(ish) Canadian markets having played in the Stanley Cup Final.

That would ALSO be delicious.

Yeah... I'm feeling evil tonight.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
For all the bad things people want to throw at him, he continues to come off as the better man at each opportunity (but also doesn't mind poking at guys like Roenick and Milbury).

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Scott was interviewed this evening on NBC.

Legend.

Slammed Milbury. Love it.

If Milbury had ANY remaining integrity or ounces of class left in his soft ****** body, he would make a formal apology to John Scott.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can we take a moment and look at the ASG and how amazing it was, even when we don't take the Scott-thing into consideration?

The 3-on-3 elimination system was awesome. Goalies actually had a reason to be at the ASG. We saw a shutout in the final and it was arguably the most entertaining ASG I have ever watched. John Scott scoring 2 goals in that 1st game and that check, plus the "fight" just took it to the next level, but eve without it, this was so much more entertaining than players just passing 28 times before shooting on goal.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Maybe the hockey player Scott didn't deserve to be there, but the human Scott certainly did.

I'm honestly glad for him, he already seemed like a nice guy last year in Road To The Stadium Series (when he used to play for San Jose). He deserves this.

And he played well too! Just look how he sniped that goal on Dubnyk, many star players missed on chances like that.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
John Scott should be brought up.

John Scott should be brought and up and let him play in the NHL. He deserves it now and people want to see him play. Hockey is entertainment as so many other sports are and people still want to see that. The time of gladiators has not changed at all. Montreal/League should do something and make the call. The Scott is waiting on and doing his thing. He would be the ultimate anti hero / hero story of all time if he would be called up. If the montreal canadiens would get some sort of winning boost from this man of the light and times.. then that would really make sports history of all time. People want to see this type of thing and live for these types of things. There's nothing great beside this. Expect food, drinks, sex and sports and the sun. Reading and the beach are good too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
On a side note, there's no way the Habs are this bad. No goalie can make such a difference all by himself. They are by far the worst team in the NHL at the moment.

They always lose because they want Therrien's head...I see no other explanation.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but why does he deserve it?

Hes the NHL's Rocky. Every situation in life needs a Rocky. How else can we feel good about ourselves? We know we suck, Scott reminds us that maybe we don't suck? Maybe everyone else sucks!

JOHN SCOTT IS MY HERO!

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Montreal would be waving the white flag if they call up John Scott. It's a cry for help if you think John Scott is the guy who's gonna turn things around. :laugh:

scryan

May 1, 2013
John Scott should be brought and up and let him play in the NHL. He deserves it now and people want to see him play. Hockey is entertainment as so many other sports are and people still want to see that. The time of gladiators has not changed at all. Montreal/League should do something and make the call. The Scott is waiting on and doing his thing. He would be the ultimate anti hero / hero story of all time if he would be called up. If the montreal canadiens would get some sort of winning boost from this man of the light and times.. then that would really make sports history of all time. People want to see this type of thing and live for these types of things. There's nothing great beside this. Expect food, drinks, sex and sports and the sun. Reading and the beach are good too.

John Scott should be given the Stanley Cup. Hockey is entertainment and the fans would enjoy it.

Last edited:

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
John Scott should be given the Stanley Cup. Hockey is entertainment and the fans would enjoy it.

He should get voted into the stanley cup finals and effortlessly win the Conn Smythe, which will be renamed the Conn Scott. Why Conn Scott? Because John was too nice and humble to want the whole name changed because he respects history!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad