Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Hudon-McCarron-Sherbak
Terry-Reway-ufa(P Cormier)
Matteau-DLR-Friberg
Bozon-Macmillan-Grégoire
Crisp-ufa ahl contract(PParadis)-ufa enforcer(P Bordeleau,D Dziurzynski)

Samuelsson-Redmond
Hanley-Lernout
Parisi-Johnson
Didier-J Blain

Condon-Fucale or Lindgren

Addisson,Audette and Thrower ECHL

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hudon-McCarron-Sherbak
Terry-Reway-ufa(P Cormier)
Matteau-DLR-Friberg
Bozon-Macmillan-Grégoire
Crisp-ufa ahl contract(PParadis)-ufa enforcer(P Bordeleau,D Dziurzynski)

Samuelsson-Redmond
Hanley-Lernout
Parisi-Johnson
Didier-J Blain

Condon-Fucale or Lindgren

Addisson,Audette and Thrower ECHL

I'm probably the only one but I believe Redmond will start the season in MTL as the number 7/8 defenceman since MTL tend to keep 8 defenders most of the time.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm probably the only one but I believe Redmond will start the season in MTL as the number 7/8 defenceman since MTL tend to keep 8 defenders most of the time.

No I can see it happening too. He has a huge setback from hood injury development wise but he could easily challenge for a spot. Problem is there is a logjam at RD, an unless Petry-Weber happens, only one of him or Pateryn will play IMO. As far as I know Redmond cant play LD.

I actually really like our D-core, though of course I prefer PK :(

We have alot of size and toughness now between Weber, Emelin, Pateryn, Petry and even Beaulieu. Hopefully this helps protect Carey more and keep him healthy.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
AHL Laval

This is not so much to worry about specific line combinations but simply to get a sense of what the Habs have to work with down there. This is my guess to start the season:

Lehkonen - Hudon - McCarron
Matteau - Reway - Scherbak
Friberg - De La Rose - Gregoire
Crisp - Audette - MacMillen

Parisi - Johnston
Hanley - Lernout
Samuelsson - Thrower

Lindberg
Fucale

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This is not so much to worry about specific line combinations but simply to get a sense of what the Habs have to work with down there. This is my guess to start the season:

Parisi - Johnston
Hanley - Lernout
Samuelsson - Thrower

Lindberg
Fucale

They only move to Laval next season, and so many things can happen until then.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

Parisi - Johnston
Hanley - Lernout
Samuelsson - Thrower

Lindberg
Fucale

Lehkonen is not gonna play in the AHL. It's Habs or Sweden.
Reway is not a centre.
Hudon is a winger, usually.
McCarron has played more centre than wing last year.
Condon might very well also play in the AHL too.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Reway is not a centre.

Reway - Hudon - Scherbak
Matteau - McCarron - (Condon Trade?)

I forgot about Redmond too...

Samuelsson - Redmond
Hanley - Johnston
Parisi - Lernout

Maybe Condon + a pick can get us a waiver-exempt RW with potential?

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Parisi - Johnston
Hanley - Lernout
Samuelsson - Thrower

Lindberg
Fucale

Hudon likely won't be in Laval as he will have to clear waivers by then.

Roster could look like,

G- Lindgren, Fucale, McNiven

D- Juulsen, Bourque, Lernout, Johnston, Parisi, Thrower will be gone if he doesn't turn it around. Didier if he plays well could get an NHL contract. Plus there will be vets but that's hard to guess and there could be a NCAA/CHL FA as well. Colin Sullivan would need a heck of a season to get even an AHL contract imo but his NCAA career ends after this upcoming season.

F- Scherbak, McCarron, Reway, Lehkonen, Bozon,Crisp, MacMillan, Addison, Bradley, Gregoire, Audette, DLR (just misses the cutoff for games played to have to clear waivers, which is 160 but he has 55 so far), perhaps Jake Evans turns pro after this upcoming season. Wouldn't expect any of our Swedish prospects to come over. There will be vets and possible NCAA/CHL FA's as well. Then there's the guys that could be on the Habs by then.

Reway is not a centre.

Lehkonen will go back to the SHL for the upcoming season if he doesn't make the Habs but it's possible they could have him in the AHL the following year because they may want him to adjust to the smaller ice. On top of that he's taking up a slot in the 50 contract limit, they may not want to waste that spot 2 years in a row. But if he doesn't bulk up perhaps they will leave him in Sweden another year.

Reway can play center, just not sure he will with the Habs although who knows what they have planned.

The Hudon at Center experiment didn't last long so I would assume that's done but who knows. I think he should stay at LW but I guess we'll see.

McCarron only played 1 game at RW for the IceCaps last year if I recall correctly. It was one of the best things Lefebvre did last year.

Going to be interesting to see what the plan is for the goalies. Also they don't have a goalie that meets the requirement for the expansion draft, granted they have time but just something to keep in mind.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Sorry, I thought the switch to Laval was this year. That line-up is this year. A few post down I made positional corrections.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry, I thought the switch to Laval was this year. That line-up is this year. A few post down I made positional corrections.

no harm in discussing what a future Laval lineup could look like. That's why I moved it here.

For next season it's hard to say who will make the Habs or what roster moves might be made between now and then as I could see the Habs adding someone like Flash last year at camp. It's going to be interesting to see how the goalies shake out as a Lindgren/Condon duo would really help improve the teams chances of making the playoffs.

Didier should be a regular in the top 6, I know he's on an AHL contract but he ended the year on the top pairing (call ups and injuries I know) but he played well. I would think Hanley would be paired with Lernout, they were together most of the time last year after the early parts of the season.

Forward is so hard to guess as to which players could make the Habs, plus they could have Addison turn pro, there's no rush to sign him but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
it's possible but I would think they brought him in to replace Dumont/Holloway as they sorely need a leader for the young group they have. Perhaps if someone like Flynn gets cut in place of Terry, but if not they will need to find a Captain to lead this team.

You may be right. If Terry is sent down and clears waivers, it will be between Lehkonen and Hudon. The advantage to sending Hudon down is that at least he stays within the system where Lehkonen would likely go to the SHL.

Reway - McCarron - Scherbak
Hudon - De La Rose - Terry
Matteau - Gregoire - Farnham
Friberg - Audette - MacMillan

Samuelsson - Redmond
Hanley - Lernout
Parisi - Johnston

Lindberg
Fucale

I still say Condon gets moved for a pick. San Jose or Nashville.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
having Terry and Farnham on the team should help out the veteran issues assuming both are on the team. I could see them signing Eisenschmid to an AHL deadl, if so and no more changes, would be interested to see a lineup of,

Hudon Reway Scherbak
Terry McCarron Farnham
DLR MacMillan Friberg
Crisp Eisenschmid Grégoire

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
having Terry and Farnham on the team should help out the veteran issues assuming both are on the team. I could see them signing Eisenschmid to an AHL deal, if so and no more changes, would be interested to see a lineup of,

Hudon Reway Scherbak
Terry McCarron Farnham
DLR MacMillan Friberg
Crisp Eisenschmid Grégoire

And they just did....

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And they just did....

I figured him and Didier would be back, I know before his injury the talk was that the Habs really liked Eisenschmid but then it became a question of if their opinions changed because of the injury or not. Didier played well, so much so that I thought he might get a NHL deal. I remember some posters were hyping McNally went he went on a bit of a hot streak but I didn't think he played all that well or would be back. I said the same thing the previous year about Sorkin who also didn't impress.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
... they don't have a goalie that meets the requirement for the expansion draft, granted they have time but just something to keep in mind.

Condon and Montoya would both meet the requirement...but only IF re-signed for 2017-18.

Lindgre, Fucale and McNiven would all be exempt due to inexperience in the pros.

This situation might be true of several clubs but isn't that hard to remedy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
A lot of faith in the kids. Could use some leadership (the holes i'm referring to)

I'm pretty sure Terry will be down there (hopefully Flynn joins him too). We have some young vets at the blue line too (Samuelsson, Hanley, Redmond?), but I don't know if some of these guys are leader.

Dumont was a great leader... I still have hope he'll be back when we move to Laval and he sees he won't make the NHL anyway.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Do we? The defense is a bit iffy but other than that the team is pretty good in my books.

The goal tending should be very good if Condon clears waivers, the defense we'll have to see how it shakes out, if they get Redmond and Samuelsson that should help but still have a lot of concerns especially the offense depending on course on how the roster looks.

A lot of faith in the kids. Could use some leadership (the holes i'm referring to)

we'll have to see how the roster shakes out, they should have a few leaders and not much in the way in rookies so while they need leaders after losing Dumont, it's the following year when Juulsen, Addision, Bourque, Bradley, perhaps Jake Evans could all be incoming.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really liking the makeup of our IceCaps, the farm team is going to be a playoff contender this season. Hopefully they play Nikita Scherbak at center between Connor Crisp(LW) or JDLR(LW) + Mike McCarron(RW), a line in which every player can play center & have size. A whole season together as the 1st line would see them find chemistry, each one becoming complete players, capable of playing both the offensive & defensive games necessary against their opponents top line.(Huge in development for them, before moving up to the Habs.)

Truly would like to watch Brett Lernout(RHD) & Philip Samuelsson(LHD) become the IceCaps top defence pairing. They bring good skating, size & physicality, getting a full season with top pairing icetime in the AHL against high end 1st liners & Dmen, could see them ready to make the jump in 2017/18 to the Habs as their 3rd pairing, keeping opponents aware of the punishing hits they will deal out quite liberally. That would give the Habs a very high quality defence throughout the corps, adding Mikhail Sergachev(LHD) into that mix of defencemen, would have opponents drooling with envy, while Price will absolutely enjoy having those types of defencemen in front of his goalcrease, ensuring opponents don't take liberties with their goalies without serious repercussions.

The IceCaps will have great AHL goaltending from Condon, Fucale & McNiven, which should be ample to see them be a threat to win the Calder Cup Trophy this season.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Really liking the makeup of our IceCaps, the farm team is going to be a playoff contender this season. Hopefully they play Nikita Scherbak at center between Connor Crisp(LW) or JDLR(LW) + Mike McCarron(RW), a line in which every player can play center & have size. A whole season together as the 1st line would see them find chemistry, each one becoming complete players, capable of playing both the offensive & defensive games necessary against their opponents top line.(Huge in development for them, before moving up to the Habs.)

Truly would like to watch Brett Lernout(RHD) & Philip Samuelsson(LHD) become the IceCaps top defence pairing. They bring good skating, size & physicality, getting a full season with top pairing icetime in the AHL against high end 1st liners & Dmen, could see them ready to make the jump in 2017/18 to the Habs as their 3rd pairing, keeping opponents aware of the punishing hits they will deal out quite liberally. That would give the Habs a very high quality defence throughout the corps, adding Mikhail Sergachev(LHD) into that mix of defencemen, would have opponents drooling with envy, while Price will absolutely enjoy having those types of defencemen in front of his goalcrease, ensuring opponents don't take liberties with their goalies without serious repercussions.

The IceCaps will have great AHL goaltending from Condon, Fucale & McNiven, which should be ample to see them be a threat to win the Calder Cup Trophy this season.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

If Crisp is on any of your 3 first line in the AHL, you're gonna have a bad time. He has 7 points in 57 career AHL games (3 years). Reway, Terry or Hudon will probably be the LW on the first line. Also, I'm pretty sure in that case that McCarron would be the center, not Scherbak.

For Lernout, I guess it depends on if Redmond makes the NHL or not and the play of Johnston.

Also, it's gonna be Lindgren, not McNiven ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad