2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Chris Terry Good pickup
The iceCaps will have a nice team next year, the only problem will be keeping the pucks out

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think Lehkonen has a good chance of breaking camp with the Habs this season. I see Lehkonen, Carr, Ghetto and Hudon fighting for the 2nd and 3rd line LW spot.
Both Carr and Ghetto would have to clear waivers so that also could be a deciding factor of who stays.
Don't see Carr being waived at all but if Lehkonen has a great camp I can see them waiving Ghetto and him clearing and playing with the Caps.

Carr is waiver exempt

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Wrong. He can go in the AHL whitout goig thruw waiver, 1 way means only that he will get his full NHL salary.

Thanks. Didn't know that. I always thought when they get a NHL 1 way contract that makes them waiver eligible.
Well that good news...even if I think Carr won't be playing in the AHL no more.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
oh man Scherbak and Reway on the same line possibly? most skilled team we've had there in a long time imo. and skill from actual potential NHLers not career AHLers. Definitely the best group of forward prospects we've had on the farm since forever. I swear MB's drafted really really well and we're going to finally start seeing the fruits of it very soon.

Perhaps, the one problem with Scherbak/Reway on the same line is both are playmakers and weak defensively, not sure what they will do and it would be a lot of fun to see them together but they might not be the best fit.

We'll have to wait and see what the team looks like before we can say how good it looks or not.

Redmond and/or Samuelsson may be added to the defense. I can't see Montreal carrying 8 defensemen and certainly not nine. I wouldn't mind seeing one more quality d-man added along with a couple of veteran forwards.

Pasquale had a statistically decent year last year; if Lindgren can be better and if Fucale can continue to develop (improve) the goaltending would be in good hands

I see we have all overlooked Lehkonen for this list. At least I overlooked him. With the signing of Radulov and Shaw my guess his that he will suit up of the Ice Caps to begin the year.

Yes, Samuelsson should help a lot and they could get Redmond if he doesn't make the team and no other moves are made to the roster. So we'll see what the roster looks like in October. I am very interested in seeing how Lindgren does, but if the defense is a good bit worse then last year, it's going to be very tough on the rookie and a 2nd year goalie in Fucale if Condon is moved or doesn't clear waivers.

Lehkonen has said he will be going back to the SHL if he doesn't make the Habs.

I think Lehkonen has a good chance of breaking camp with the Habs this season. I see Lehkonen, Carr, Ghetto and Hudon fighting for the 2nd and 3rd line LW spot.
Both Carr and Ghetto would have to clear waivers so that also could be a deciding factor of who stays.
Don't see Carr being waived at all but if Lehkonen has a great camp I can see them waiving Ghetto and him clearing and playing with the Caps.

I don't think Lehkonen has a good chance of making the Habs, I expect him to be back in the SHL. I do see Carr and Hudon fighting for a LW spot with Carr having the inside track, neither play has to clear waivers but we'll see if any other moves are made or not between now and October. No way do I see them waiving Ghetto, like almost zero chance, he would need a really terrible camp imo for that to happen.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Carr will be playing with the Habs so we can put that story to rest.
The battle Hudon will have to fight will be between Ghetto and Lehkonen. Ghetto or Lehkonen will have the best chance of breaking camp with the Habs with Lehkonen being my favorite to survive.
I won't be shocked to see Ghetto playing with the Caps this season.
Should be a fun camp with a few young players fighting and showing they deserve to be playing in the NHL. Internal competition at its best.
And who knows what McCarron and Sherbak will do at camp......should be exciting.
So many young prospect could be knocking on the door.

Go Habs GO :clap:

Last edited:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Lehkonen has said he will be going back to the SHL if he doesn't make the Habs.

Thanks, good to know.

I see that Didier has re-signed and I see that Eisenschmid is going to be at development camp. He's another player that I had forgotten about. I like the addition of Terry, perhaps he can be the veteran leadership that replaces Holloway.

The roster seems to be rounding out but it wouldn't mind seeing one or two more quality veterans signed. From the development camp roster it doesn't seem like there will be any of the invitees who will push for a roster spot but I would love to be surprised.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So what does the line-up look like for next year?

Hudon - Flynn - Terry
Reway - McCarron - Scherbak
De La Rose - Gregoire - Matteau
Bozon - MacMillan - Crisp

Samuelsson - Redmond
Hanley - Didier
Parisi - Lernout

Fucale
Lindgren

ECHL

Audette, Thrower, Johnston & possibly Addison

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
What happened to Miceli? He had decent numbers in the E, any reason why he was let go?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
So what does the line-up look like for next year?

Hudon - Flynn - Terry
Reway - McCarron - Scherbak
De La Rose - Gregoire - Matteau
Bozon - MacMillan - Crisp

Samuelsson - Redmond
Hanley - Didier
Parisi - Lernout

Fucale
Lindgren

ECHL

Audette, Thrower, Johnston & possibly Addison

I think you can Eisenschmid to the list. The Caps coaching staff really liked his game and apparently shows good skill in practice.
I didn't see to much skill last year but he did get injured so hopefully what he does in practice he will be able to produce during games. I did like his defensive game and Sly would use him in the last minutes of games that were close.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
I believe the lineup for the icecaps next year will be something like this
Hudon - Flynn - Scherbak
Reway - McCarron - Terry
Matteau - De La Rose - Friberg
Bozon - MacMillan - Gregoire
Audette

Samuelsson - Redmond
Hanley - Didier
Parisi - Lernout
Johnston

Condon
Fucale

ECHL

Lindgren, Crisp, Thrower, & possibly Addison

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With the guys we know will be down

Terry - Hudon - Scherbak
Reway - McCarron - De la Rose
Friberg - Macmillan - Bozon
Crisp - Audette - Grégoire

Samuelsson - Didier
Hanley - Johnston
Parisi - Lernout
Thrower

Fucale
Lindgren

We have to expect at least 1 of Redmond/Barberio/Flynn/Matteau to be sent down. Personally, Redmond would make a great 1st pairing with Samuelsson. I would also like a 2RW to bump DLR down (and push Crisp/Audette out of the line-up).

I think Eisenchmid has a good chance to be back for the bottom 6.

Condon/Montoya may be waived leading to either a three-headed goalie monster or Fucale/Lindgren to ECHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We'll have to see what roster moves are made since it's early July. They have space to add a few more contracts and there could always be a trade or two at some point before the season starts.

That said I could see Hanley being paired with Lernout since they were together for much of last season.

I would be a bit surprised if Fucale is in the ECHL, but if the goalie duo is Condon - Lindgren, that should be one of the better duos in the AHL I would think.

If Matteau is sent down and assuming he clears waivers, a 4th line of Crisp Grégoire Matteau would an interesting one.

Audette I could see in the ECHL.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Assuming Redmond, Samuelson and Condon clear waivers, our D/G appear a lot better than last year if the younger guys can continue to improve.

Samuelson - Redmond
Hanley - Lernout
Parisi - Johnston
Throwner/Didier

Condon
Fucale/Lindgren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad