2016-2017 Minnesota Wild General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
You dont have to pencil him anywhere, he himself stated he wants to be the Captain.
I assume the management of the team agrees with his vision as they only praise him.

I will keep drinking my Koolaid.
Kunin has proved himself where he has competed, hope he gets in to Minnesota as soon as possible.

And that means what exactly?? Kunin might very well be a star player, but the guy could be bust as well (not that I think he will be bust). We won't know until he gets up to the big club and plays significant minutes. Lets pump the brakes on this badger train. To say he shows better leadership than the proven veterans on this team might be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
NHL players aren't given spots, they take them.

I thought Kuemper had a future as a starting NHL goalie three years ago. He still might, but not with this team. I think it really worked against him playing hardass with his contract. Think he could've used more time playing a lot in the AHL, rather than rotting on the bench.

People keep saying this, and I can't help but think they're not quite remembering what actually happened. Yes, Kuemper got a one-way contract because he played hardball, but that isn't (by itself) what caused the Wild to keep him in the NHL. Harding kicked a wall and injured his foot, and was going to be out the first several months of the season. We had Harding, Backstrom and then Kuemper on the depth chart. We weren't keeping three goalies up, originally, even with Kuemper on a one-way. Then Harding got hurt, the Wild were forced to keep Kuemper up, and Kuemper got into enough games that he was no longer waiver exempt (thanks to Backstrom being abysmal). Harding never returned to form, as his MS started to flare up right as his foot healed.

At that point, Kuemper had shown he couldn't hack it in the NHL in a starting role, Backstrom was terrible, and Harding was basically retired. So we desperately traded for Dubnyk, and a starting goalie was found in him. The reason Kuemper ended up in the NHL for good when he did was because of Harding and Backstrom not being viable solutions, not because of his contract being a one-way. With those two being "ahead" of him on the depth chart that season, he was never going to get full time AHL starting time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The Preds and Blues are getting damn close in the standings. I know we're already in, but it would be disappointing to get passed up.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Preds are getting hot... Maybe they wouldn't be such a good match-up.

Problem is with the way the Wild have been playing, there isn't any team that would be a good match-up. They'd get steamrolled. That's why they got to get their #@$! together fast.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, we're losing to the Canucks and Red Wings. Doesn't matter to us if we're playing the Preds, STL, CHI, ANA...whomever...I actually think we're better off against good teams than we are against bad teams.

I'm certainly not afraid of the Preds. Or put another way, not MORE afraid of them than any other team.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Tomorrow is the day we turn this **** around. We are going to CRUSH the Caps and enter the playoffs hot. You can take that hot sports take to the bank.

I hope

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Preds are getting hot... Maybe they wouldn't be such a good match-up.

I envy the Preds...

They don't have special team, but they've had an A-class team spirit through the whole season. Scary opponent just because of that. Plus they will be underdogs which usually brings extra motivation.

Tomorrow is the day we turn this **** around. We are going to CRUSH the Caps and enter the playoffs hot. You can take that hot sports take to the bank.

I hope

I have 100 % trust in the Wild. I think the slump was ~unavoidable and well timed.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I envy the Preds...

They don't have special team, but they've had an A-class team spirit through the whole season. Scary opponent just because of that. Plus they will be underdogs which usually brings extra motivation.

I have 100 % trust in the Wild. I think the slump was ~unavoidable and well timed.

Not if they play the Wild there not. If they do play the Wild everyone is going to pick the Predators even when the Wild were still playing good they still would pick the preds. which I am okay with I don't want the Wild to be favorites.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

This has been in the back of my mind.

I certainly think it's entirely possible that they could pull their way out of it and get back to their game in the playoffs. I mean, we've seen how this team can dominate. There's no logical reason why they can't get back to playing that way.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I envy the Preds...

I agree with this 100%. If this slump happened in November, does anyone make a big deal out of it? Of course us on the Wild page would because of the teams annual month long vacation every year. But I don't believe the rest of the league really cares at that point.

Before the season, most "analysts" didn't even have the wild making a wildcard spot.

Im happy with the season, and think that the team pulls it together tonight and gets a big win.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no major injuries , no excuses! this great season will be flushed down the toilet if we get spanked in the 1st round. nashville tv announcers last night were saying they hope they face the wild. sad this team couldn't turn things around after 5 losses max. with no major injuries i blame team leadership.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
no major injuries , no excuses! this great season will be flushed down the toilet if we get spanked in the 1st round. nashville tv announcers last night were saying they hope they face the wild. sad this team couldn't turn things around after 5 losses max. with no major injuries i blame team leadership.

They should be careful what they wish for.

As much as this team sucks currently....they were a top 3 team in this league for the majority of the season. If they return to form there isn't a team in the NHL that I am worried about them competing with.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I'd rather play nashville than calgary

I would prefer ANY team over Nashville and Calgary.

Calgary has been a very scary team the whole season for us and the Preds play smooth and beautiful unselfish hockey, the one WE should be playing imo.

That being said, maybe we need a new rivalry! For me the playoffs are always beautiful to watch (as long as we don't completely suck).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Can you remember some the words they said? I would like to save them for later.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the players need to refocus, and start to believe. And by believe, i mean believe that they can win the Stanley Cup.

I think they can do it. Do they?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Should not be an issue in a team full of leadership.

It's not something that can be commanded. Every player has to figure it out and feel it truly. In the middle of the exhaustion and losing skid.. Leaders can just show the way. NHL is full of professionals and leaders, still only one team can do it each year. 29 teams, soon 15, will fail. Not that easy, even to believe.

But when they're at their best, they can. I believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad