2016-2017 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Addison was tuned out and benched for hitting Logan Brown last season by his coach...who just happens to be Logan's dad Jeff. Now he gets traded to Logan's team by his dad....guess so he won't hurt him in any games this season. There's still practice tho...;)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
More Champions League games today,

Vejdemo with 2 shots on goal, +1 and 2 pims. His team smoked Davos 6-0.

Lehkonen picks up a goal in the 1st,

It can go fast in the game of hockey. Just 17 seconds after 1-0, Frölunda scores another one. Robin Figren finds ARTTURI LEHKONEN in front of the net and it's quite similar the first goal. Assisted by Robin Figren & Patrik Carlsson

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nygren picks up an assist in the 1st. Nothing so far for Lehkonen, just turned the game on.

Do we have any fresh news about Nygren and his interest of ever coming back in North America whether it's with us or not?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hopefully Windsor will make a big push to get him. Three prospects with the same team would make things a lot easier for a lazy guy like me :P .

Last edited:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Hopefully Windsor will make a big push to get him. Three prospects with the same team would make things a lot easier for a lazy guy like me :P .

A few teams will make a big push for him, including London, Windsor, Mississauga. But I predict he'll end up in Ottawa. They're confirmed to be interested and he's from there. And they have plenty of assets to offer and are in the East.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
A few teams will make a big push for him, including London, Windsor, Mississauga. But I predict he'll end up in Ottawa. They're confirmed to be interested and he's from there. And they have plenty of assets to offer and are in the East.

His younger brother was also drafted by Ottawa.

His preference is to play for Ottawa because he wants to attend a french college.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Do the Silvertips have a better offensive group this year? Last year's group was pitiful.

Sadly probably not that much. They'll have a fairly young team so you can expect some growing pains. A lot of it will depend on Eetu Tuulola adapting fast to the WHL and some of the vets like Patrick Bajkov elevating their games. In the end it's a Kevin Constantine team though, mister no fun allowed.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Do the Silvertips have a better offensive group this year? Last year's group was pitiful.

I think they look worse tbh, they'll probably win a good amount of games but not because of their offense haha. They're the Habs of the WHL, totally relying on their MVP goalie. Some of the younger players have a lot of promise though, there's a good chance the 15 year old Ethan Browne plays for them this season.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

They'll probably be worse because they got younger, but a lot of guys look promising, like Tuulola, Bajkov, Browne, Dewar, and Fonteyne. They might be getting some offense from the blue line in Davis and Christiansen as well. (And of course Juulsen)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I like him even more now that he's not our top D prospect.

I have to say I love the Sergachev pick but I'm not sold that he'll fulfill his potential. I'm not saying he'll bust but I don't think he's a lock to be a #1. He absolutely has all the tools though. I just don't know if he has that 'it-factor'. Really hope I'm wrong. On paper though I like Sergachev and Juulsen as our top D prospects. I don't know if Juulsen can be a #2 but I doubt he's any worse than a 2nd pairing guy. He just seems so solid.
Why are you having anxiety dreams about Sergachev? He's so good that he could become the 2nd line LW in a couple of years if the Habs can afford to waste him at LW.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Why are you having anxiety dreams about Sergachev? He's so good that he could become the 2nd line LW in a couple of years if the Habs can afford to waste him at LW.

nothing rational. He seems too good to be true at that spot which makes me wonder but that's all I'm really going on. Only the tiniest of tingles in the spidey senses. Really means nothing. I love the pick and as far as I can see I wouldn't pick anyone else at that spot. Hell, he could've easily went higher.

I only saw a bit of his highlights before the draft because I was wanting a forward so I was definitely surprised that his upside was as big as it is. Very few players picked at that spot have as much upside as he does.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Somehow, I'M way more excited in the Addision pick than the Bradley one. You'd look at those guys and you think that Addy was the one picked in the 5th, and Brad in the 7th....

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Somehow, I'M way more excited in the Addision pick than the Bradley one. You'd look at those guys and you think that Addy was the one picked in the 5th, and Brad in the 7th....

For sure. I was hoping for more production from him last season but I liked what I heard about him. I heard that he'd be like a top scorer in the OHL with all the chances he gets but he just can't bury them. Seems like he's just lacking finish. He scored 2 beauties in that preseason game. If he could finish more he could turn into something.

The few highlights I've seen of Bradley I was fairly impressed. He kind of seems like a MacMillan. Seemed more skilled than I thought he'd be anyways. But I'm not expecting much. Still not bad for an extreme long shot.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For sure. I was hoping for more production from him last season but I liked what I heard about him. I heard that he'd be like a top scorer in the OHL with all the chances he gets but he just can't bury them. Seems like he's just lacking finish. He scored 2 beauties in that preseason game. If he could finish more he could turn into something.

The few highlights I've seen of Bradley I was fairly impressed. He kind of seems like a MacMillan. Seemed more skilled than I thought he'd be anyways. But I'm not expecting much. Still not bad for an extreme long shot.

yes I heard a tv announcer during one of his games say that if Addison could only pot half the chances he gets he would be among the league leaders in goals. Or something to that effect.

Bradley is undersized, a bit skinny and lacking strength. He's got a better shot then MacMillan but MacMillan is a playmaker. I liked what I saw from Bradley, he seemed to do most things well but the problem is projecting his frame to the pros next year. If he can get stronger and add some mass, he should be an interesting AHLer at least.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Juulsen is off to go a good start with an assist last night. Points in back to back games.

We are still in preseason. Better to have stats than not, but let,s wait to see what he does in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad