2016-2017 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Really like those comments, especially saying Bitten and Mete were 2nd round guys for him. Also the comments on Staum are interesting and shows they really invested time (5 different scouts) in this guy. Hopefully it pays off in a few years.

Love the comment on Henrikson. You have to think that when a guy like Rockstrom insists this much on drafting a particular player, you do what you can to get him. Trading for a pick is a pretty strong indication they trust the guy.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Disappointed that Simon Bourque wasn't invited to the Team Canada Development Camp. A few defensemen taking part who I feel do not offer as much as he does. Oh well, I guess our World Junior program has been lights out as of late so what do I know :D

At least Juulsen is taking part. Bitten/Mete should have a better chance to be there next year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Juulsen had a quietly effective game in a winning effort for team Red against team White last night. I didn't catch the whole game but what I saw was good on his part.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Juulsen had a quietly effective game in a winning effort for team Red against team White last night. I didn't catch the whole game but what I saw was good on his part.

thanks for the report. Hopefully he has a good year this year. Not saying he didn't but besides the WJC snub and the drop of production, I heard that his play just didn't improve much last year. Hopefully he makes some strides. I hope injuries don't become a problem.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Personally, I barely noticed him, except a few times where he had the puck in the o-zone and passed it to a teammate.

I thought he had a good showing at the previous red/white game, keeping things simple and focusing on execution. He'll never be a ''showy'' type of Dman so that's mostly what I'm looking for with him. His passing game is definitely a strong suit though, he's very accurate and consistant in that aspect. You'll rarely see him give the puck away on an errant pass.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Did anyone watch the game today ? I'd love to know how Juulsen did, beside of what the scorebox can tell me !

He logged the 3rd most minutes of ice time of any Canadian player. Played a quiet sound game, didn't take chances. Low risk, high reward defender.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He logged the 3rd most minutes of ice time of any Canadian player. Played a quiet sound game, didn't take chances. Low risk, high reward defender.

I just hope he has a strong offseason and works on his skating which is pretty good but definitely can be better. He's got more than enough skill I think for a stay at home role maybe not quite enough for a PMD role though he seems to be pretty good at that. I really like his versatility. I think my only issue is how much room he still has to improve.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Noah Juulsen is playing. He's number 3 for Canada. He's been okay so far. Canada hasn't been very impressive even though they have had possession most of this period.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Keller is such an amazing puck distributor. One of the best pure passer I've seen at that age in a good while. He's just constantly finding guys on the rush, left and right.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Great news for Addision.

Oh and if there's way to get our hands on Christian Fischer.....I'd do it like...right now.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Oh and if there's way to get our hands on Christian Fischer.....I'd do it like...right now.

Doubt they'd move him for anything less than a top 15 pick, forget it WS. But hey, who needs 2nd rounders right? :laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought he might turn pro and go to the ECHL next year but getting to play in the Memorial Cup while having time to work on things as an overager sounds good. Just hope he gets enough playing time.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Very good news for Addison. It should help him take his offensive production to the next level, although that not what will ultimately take him to the dance if he does make it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Champions Hockey League tournament has started. Lehkonen, Nygren and Nattinen's teams all play on Friday afternoon. Lehkonen's team takes on a team from the DEL, Nygren a team from Poland. Vejdemo's team plays on Sunday vs a team in the NLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad